Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7368 Discussions

My AC 8260 is showing no connectivity for IPv6.

KWade
Beginner

WE have 6 computers in the house all running on the same network. Two of them are using the AC 8260 network adapter but when tested online at IPv6-test they show no IPv6 address detected. The 4 others are not Intel and they pass the test on the same network. All computers have the same Windows configuration and IPv6 is selected. Is there a special setting I need to do to make these work on IPv6?

0 Kudos
14 Replies
Leonardo_C_Intel
Hello KWade Thank you for posting in the Intel Community. • What kind of software/tool are you using to complete the test? • I would like to gather more information about the configuration you have on the computer. Please attach to this thread the TXT file the Intel® System Support Utility will generate: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility • Steps to save the report: 1- Run the utility. 2- Click on “Scan” to get the scanned system. 3- Once the scan is complete click on “next”. 4- Use the “save” option, save the report to your desktop. 5- To attach a file, you must click the “Attach” option on the bottom left-hand corner of the response box. Hope this helps. Regards, Leonardo C. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
KWade
Beginner
Hello Leo and thank you for your response. I used the test that is run test-ipv6.com. The report you asked for is attached. If you need anything else, please let me know and thank you again. Ken Sent from Mail for Windows 10
0 Kudos
Leonardo_C_Intel
Hello KWade Thank you for the information. • I was not able to find the attachment could you reattach it? • What is the brand and model of the system that is using the Intel® Dual Band Wireless-AC 8260? • Is the Intel® Dual Band Wireless-AC 8260 the adapter that came pre-installed on the system? Hope this helps. Regards, Leonardo C. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
KWade
Beginner

Hello Leo and thank you for your quick response.

I am using a Asus Q325UA 2 in 1 laptop so it is a high end computer. Yes, the Intel Network Adapter was preinstalled and the computer hardware has not been modified in anyway.

The file has been reattached.

Thank you again! Ken

0 Kudos
Leonardo_C_Intel
Hello KWade Thank you for all the information about the behavior and the testing allow me to investigate the case, I will be posting back as soon as news becomes available. Regards, Leonardo C. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
KWade
Beginner
Hello Leo, Sorry to bother yu but do you have any new information for me? Thanks again for your help. Ken Sent from Mail for Windows 10
0 Kudos
Leonardo_C_Intel
Hello KWade Thank you for waiting. This behavior seems to be related to the network configuration, in this case, we recommend contacting the ISP or network administrator. Regards, Leonardo C. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
KWade
Beginner
In am now on a different network as I am traveling and I have the same issue. Again, in my home we have 6 computers and 2 use your network adapter. They both have the same problem. The other 4 do not. Please reinvestigate. Thanks, Ken Sent from Mail for Windows 10
0 Kudos
Leonardo_C_Intel
Hello KWade Thank you for the information. You have mentioned that you have the IPv6 enable on the system have you tried disabling IPv4 through the network settings and try to connect again? Do you have the same behavior? Hope this helps. Regards, Leonardo C. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
Leonardo_C_Intel
Hello KWade Have you been able to complete the testing? Regards, Leonardo C. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
KWade
Beginner
Hello Leo, Yes, I did. When I turned off IPv4 and left on IPv6, I could not connect to the internet so the test was not successful. If you can give me another solution I can try, I would really appreciate it. I even ran the Intel Diagnostic Tool from your website. It said a new driver was available so I installed it but still have the same results. Thank you for your continuing support. Ken Sent from Mail for Windows 10
0 Kudos
Leonardo_C_Intel

Hello KWade 

Thank you for the information.

Thank you for completing the testing, allow me to investigate the case. In the meantime provide me with the following information.

·        Please attach to this thread the TXT file the Intel® System Support Utility will generate: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility

·        Steps to save the report:

1-   Run the utility.

2-   Click on “Scan” to get the scanned system.

3-   Once the scan is complete click on “next”.

4-   Use the “save” option, save the report to your desktop.

5-   To attach a file, you must click the “Attach” option on the bottom left-hand corner of the response box.

·        The MSinfo32 report.

·        Al the information requested on the file attaché to the post.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Leonardo C.          

Intel Customer Support Technician

Under Contract to Intel Corporation

0 Kudos
Leonardo_C_Intel
Hello KWade Have you been able to collect the information requested? Regards, Leonardo C. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
KiPe
New Contributor I
0 Kudos