Items with no label
3335 Discussions

Is there a maximum amount of consecutive hours that the RealSense D415 and D435 cameras can be used for?

KChow4
Beginner

Hi,

I have a question regarding the D415 and D435 cameras:

Is there a maximum limit of consecutive hours that these cameras can be continuously used for? (I.e. How long can these cameras be left on and operating for before they start to crash or shut-down?)

Thanks in advance!

0 Kudos
1 Solution
MartyG
Honored Contributor III

Intel do long-running tests on the RealSense 400 Series cameras regularly. The official advice is that the cameras can run indefinitely as long as they remain within safe temperature levels (around 35 degrees operating temperature) for the electronics.). When problems occur that lead to reduced performance or crashes, they are usually related to issues with the USB port / USB cable, the computer OS or some other problem not related to the camera hardware itself.

Using industrial-grade USB equipment can help to increase reliability during long-term running. The average maximum running time that I have heard of before computer issues introduce problems is 3 to 4 days.

A supplier of industrial-grade equipment that is confirmed to work with the 400 Series is Nexnex.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GLQgR1jT04M&t=98s

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
MartyG
Honored Contributor III

Intel do long-running tests on the RealSense 400 Series cameras regularly. The official advice is that the cameras can run indefinitely as long as they remain within safe temperature levels (around 35 degrees operating temperature) for the electronics.). When problems occur that lead to reduced performance or crashes, they are usually related to issues with the USB port / USB cable, the computer OS or some other problem not related to the camera hardware itself.

Using industrial-grade USB equipment can help to increase reliability during long-term running. The average maximum running time that I have heard of before computer issues introduce problems is 3 to 4 days.

A supplier of industrial-grade equipment that is confirmed to work with the 400 Series is Nexnex.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GLQgR1jT04M&t=98s

0 Kudos