Server Products
Data Center Products including boards, integrated systems, Intel® Xeon® Processors, RAID Storage, and Intel® Xeon® Processors
4776 Discussions

I have Intel Server Board S2600CW2R Motherboard. is Mini SAS SFF-8643 Host to 4 SATA cable supports this motherboard or not? I have tried two Mini SAS SFF-8643 Host to 4 SATA cables but both are not detecting.

HNirm
Beginner

0 Kudos
9 Replies
Jeremias_A_Intel
Employee
Hello Harish, Thank you for contacting Intel Technical Support. I understand that you are trying to use the Mini SAS SFF-8643 Host to 4 SATA cable, but is not detecting the disks. In an effort to better assist you, can you please confirm the following: - Are you using embedded RAID or adding RAID controller. - Can you please provide the cable code. If you have any question, please let me know. Best regards, Jeremiah A. Intel Technical Support.
0 Kudos
HNirm
Beginner

Hi Mr. Jeremiah A

Neither i am using embedded RAID nor trying to add RAID controller. I am simply trying to attach some extra HDDs. But there is only two SATA ports on this motherboard. There is another port on this motherboard and i am trying to connect my HDDs through SFF-8643 TO 4X SATA cable. Please help me. Cable description link http://www.athenapower.com/product/storage-server-management/storage-server-accessories/cable-ms86434srb20

0 Kudos
Jeremias_A_Intel
Employee
Hi Harish, Thank you for your update. Let me investigate this and get back to you as soon as possible with new information. Your patience is highly appreciated. Regards, Jeremiah A. Intel Technical Support
0 Kudos
Jeremias_A_Intel
Employee
Hi Harish, My apologies for my late response. Checking on the cable specification, the specs says at first: 1X SFF-8643 TO 4X SATA, but in the description it says that it goes to: from 4 x SATA-7Pin to 1 x SFF-8643, this not clear on what is this cable configuration. If you are going to use the single SATA ports (SATA-4 || SATA-5) on the motherboard, you need to change the configuration in the BIOS to AHCI Legacy Mode. If you are going use the Mini-SAS HD ports the cable you need is the: Straight SFF8643 to Straight 7-pin SATA. The cable code is: AXXCBL450HD7S. I hope this information helps to clarify your inquiry. If you have any question, please let me know; more than glad to assist. Regards, Jeremiah A. Intel Technical Support Under contract to Intel
0 Kudos
Jeremias_A_Intel
Employee
Hello Harish, I hope you are doing well today. I'm following up with you to confirm if the information provided help or you have any question or concern. Please let me know your comments. Regards, Jeremiah A. Intel Technical Support Under contract to Intel
0 Kudos
Jeremias_A_Intel
Employee
Hello Harish, I hope you are doing well today. I'm following up with you to confirm if the information provided help or you have any question or concern. Please let me know your comments. Regards, Jeremiah A. Intel Technical Support Under contract to Intel
0 Kudos
Jeremias_A_Intel
Employee
Hello Harish, I haven't heard back from you in regards to this case. I will proceed in closing this case. If you need more assistance from us, do not hesitate in contact us again. Thank you for choosing Intel. Regards, Jeremiah A. Intel Technical Support Under contract to Intel
0 Kudos
HNirm
Beginner
Thanks for your support, my Mini SAS HD to SATA cable was faulty. I have purchased a new cable and my problem is resolved. On Tue, Feb 12, 2019, 11:36 AM Intel Forums <supportreplies@intel.com wrote:
0 Kudos
Jeremias_A_Intel
Employee
Hello Harish, Excellent news! Thank you for your update. I will proceed in closing this case. Looking forward to assist you again in the future. Thank you for choosing Intel. Regards, Jeremiah A. Intel Technical Support Under contract to Intel
0 Kudos