Intel® FPGA Software Installation & Licensing
Installation and Licensing that’s includes Intel Quartus® Prime software, ModelSim* - Intel FPGA Edition software, Nios® II Embedded Design Suite on Windows or Linux operating systems.

License for Altera DE2, quartus II

ZFENG10
Novice

Hello everyone,

I find a Altera DE2 development board and installed Quartus II 7.2 but there is no license. I tried the self licensing center and use the legacy licensing. My mac address is E84E062E4EA4. But the email tells me they cannot generate license for it.

Any ideas? Thanks!

0 Kudos
5 Replies
ZFENG10
Novice

Hi Vicky

Thank you for you reply!

I tried the legacy license generator, but the email says it cannot generate the license for the NIC I've provided.

I am using Linux system and I got my NIC by running the command ifconfig. It gives me something like "aa:bb:cc:dd:ee:ff". I remove the colon ":".

Best Regards

Zhe

0 Kudos
Vicky1
Employee
Hi Zhe, Could you please go through the old thread attached below, https://forums.intel.com/s/question/0D50P0000470hlA/i-need-a-license-to-enable-the-design-security-feature-for-quartus-thank-yousoftware-quartus-prime-181-device-cyclone-v?language=en_US&s1oid=00DU0000000YT3c&s1nid=0DB0P000000U1Hq&emkind=chatterCommentNotification&s1uid=0050P000008ASID&emtm=1542241285784&fromEmail=1&s1ext=0 try to check by requesting the license file by entering "ffffffffffff" in the field NIC/Host/Guard ID. & provide the NIC ID in the description. Regards, Vikas
0 Kudos
ZFENG10
Novice

Hi Vicky,

Thank you very much! I've submitted my request and hope I will get my license soon.

Once I get my license, I will update this thread.

Thanks & Best Regards

Zhe Feng

ZFENG10
Novice

It seems Altera DE2 doesn't have license. I have to buy it or download the Lite version.

But thanks everyone!

0 Kudos