Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14537 Discussions

Microcode updates for spectre v3a, 4 and L1TF

Fho00
Beginner

I just checked the list with supported cpus for the latest microcode update and i cant find the Intel Core i7-4790K in the list.

Does that mean it is not supported with this update and ist there going to be a different microcode update for this cpu? I also noticed that i dont have any of the kb updates installed on my other machines, do they get installed with windows update automatically?

This is the list i checked:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-au/help/4465065/kb4465065-intel-microcode-updates

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Wanner_G_Intel
Hello Fho00, Thank you for joining this Intel Community. A full list of Intel products impacted by this issue, along with other important details can be found here: http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/architecture-and-technology/facts-about-side-channel-analysis-and-intel-products.html End users and systems administrators should check with their operating system vendors and system manufacturers, and apply any available updates as soon as they are available. You should do this whether you use an Intel-based system, or other computer or mobile device. In some cases, the issue is addressed by an operating system update. You should check with your equipment manufacturer or operating system vendor for any available updates and apply them as soon as practical. If no updates are available, or you have not been able to install them yet, following good security practices protect against malware in general will also help to protect against possible exploitation. Wanner G. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
Fho00
Beginner

I dont see a list of impacted products on that site but i guess that all recent intel cpus are affected, so that shouldnt matter.

Is the microcode update that is delivered with KB4465065 compatible with a i7-4790k intel cpu?

0 Kudos
Wanner_G_Intel
Hello Fho00, For questions related to this microcode update methodology and compatibility with the listed updates, please contact Microsoft. Wanner G. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos