Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14395 Discussions

Where can I find HS-UART driver for E39xx SoC for Windows 10?

JSind
Beginner

Hello all,

I would like to install a HS-UART driver for Windows 10 which is referred to in the following document:

HS-UART Sub Device Driver for Microsoft Windows* 10 Enterprise Release Notes, Rev. 1.1 (doc. nr. 570993-1.1).

Unfortunatelly I had no luck finding a download link to that particular driver and would like to kindly ask for help with getting access to that driver.

Thank you in advance for your help

Best regards

jsindelar

0 Kudos
3 Replies
n_scott_pearson
Super User

Try using this package: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/26434/NUCs-Intel-Serial-IO-Driver-for-Intel-NUC-Kit-NUC6CAYS-NUC6CAYH?product=95078

The E39XX SOCs are members of the Apollo Lake processor family. The NUC6CAY also uses a processor from this family. Logic says that this is thus the right package for your needs as well. There is also a TXT driver package as well, BTW.

Hope this helps,

...S

0 Kudos
JSind
Beginner

Hi Scott,

thanks for the answer. I was trying some different package for NUC with no luck ("incorrect platform"), this one installed correctly. But it's still not the driver I'm referring to, although it shows an Intel(R) Serial IO Host Controller (together with I2C and GPIOs) in the Device Manager. But the big catch is it doesn't implement standard COM port interface, so I can't simply open it in a terminal and transfer data.

Anybody knows where can I find the driver referred in the document I mentioned in my first post (i.e. HS-UART Sub Device Driver for Microsoft Windows* 10)? I would expect it has to be available somewhere, if there's already a v1.1 revision of documentation for it (and the documentation was released at November 2018, which is not so long ago...).

Thanks in advance for any help, I would like to avoid writing my own driver for the UART...

jsindelar

0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

Sorry, this is the only SoC SIO driver that I know of. I have never heard of these SoCs having HS-UARTs (and do not have access to the SSSO site to look at that document).

...S

0 Kudos