Intel® Optane™ Memory
Support for Issues Related to Intel® Optane™ Memory
Announcements
Want to learn how Intel® Optane™ Memory can help your business? Talk to our Expert!

Looking for our RealSense Community? Click HERE

The Intel® SSD Toolbox and Intel® Data Center Tool are now End-Of-Life, see for more information and replacements tools here
1343 Discussions

I bought new intel optane memory, and it's not recognized in my windows 10, bios see some optane device but rst in bios can't see it also as windows CMS disabled, achi changed to optane msi z270 sli i7 7700k gtx 1080 ram 16gb corsair vengeance

VKrut1
Novice

MSI_SnapShot_01.bmpMSI_SnapShot_02.bmpMSI_SnapShot_01.bmpMSI_SnapShot_00.bmpScreenshot_2.pngScreenshot_1.png

0 Kudos
1 Solution
VKrut1
Novice

Resolved.

I bought new one 16gb - and it works fine.

My previous - broken.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
DiegoV_Intel

Hi VKrut1,

Thank you for posting in the Intel® communities.

I understand you are getting issues when trying to setup the Intel® Optane™ Memory.

I also noticed that you have a setting called “Boot mode select” which is set to “LEGACY+UEFI”. I recommend you to set it to UEFI only because the module is not compatible with Legacy mode.

I also found some setup instructions for Intel® Optane™ Memory developed by MSI*, the manufacturer of your motherboard. I recommend you to check them and make sure everything is properly configured at BIOS level: https://us.msi.com/Landing/intel-optane-memory-motherboard

There are also some notes related to your specific motherboard model at the following site: https://www.msi.com/Motherboard/Z270-SLI/Specification. I recommend you to check them too. Apparently, there are some restrictions about the SATA ports used and the M.2 slots:

• "The SATA1, SATA5 and SATA6 ports will become unavailable with some conditions of M.2 devices."
  • "Please refer to the manual for M.2 slots with examples of various combination possibilities."

Finally, I also recommend you to confirm if there is any BIOS update available for your system.

Additionally, please download the Intel® System Support Utility (SSU) and run the full report. This tool will collect your system details and export them in a text file. Please attach this file in your response so I can check your system information: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility-for-Windows-

I’ll be waiting for your response.

Have a nice day.

Regards,

Diego V.

Intel Customer Support Technician

Under Contract to Intel Corporation

0 Kudos
VKrut1
Novice

Thanks for quick response.

I reconnected my ssd/hdd from sata1/5/6 to sata2/3/4 as you said

Also I changed twice Intel optane memory to m2 1 and 2 slot (and tried to run it) but it's doesn't matter wich slot I used, motherboard detected optane device in both of them but windows optane app can't see it

I changed boot to UEFI as you said

Also I found one thing, if I enable "m2 genie" in bios - windows optane app informs that can't detect optane device, but if I deactivate m2 geniue in bios - optane app informs that bios doesn't support error - 0xa008002d (but I use the latest version of bios - 7A59v1A which is supports optane, that instructed by msi at websise motherboard) or informs that I used Legasy boot (but it's not true it's set as UEFI) - screen attached

Also I see (when m2 genie in bios - deactivated ) remapping also deactivates automatically and nmve driver can't be run property from hardware side (exclamation mark in device manager )

Intel® System Support Utility link docs (i don't now how to add txt file here)- https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Zrg9stzhmKXM-_tdK075dOtI1ElaFE-Ga59xw2_ubes/edit?usp=sharing

I don't know what to do

Screenshot_2.pngScreenshot_1.pngMSI_SnapShot_12.bmpMSI_SnapShot_11.bmpMSI_SnapShot_10.bmpMSI_SnapShot_09.bmpMSI_SnapShot_07.bmpMSI_SnapShot_06.bmpMSI_SnapShot_05.bmp

0 Kudos
VKrut1
Novice

Resolved.

I bought new one 16gb - and it works fine.

My previous - broken.

0 Kudos
DiegoV_Intel

Hi VKrut1,

Thank you for the confirmation.

It’s great the system is now up and running with the module.

If you ever have another issue or concern about the module, feel free to open a new thread. We’ll try to help you in any way we can.

Have a nice day.

Regards,

Diego V.

Intel Customer Support Technician

Under Contract to Intel Corporation

0 Kudos