Items with no label
3335 Discussions

Which Matlab functions should give the RGB image and the INFRA image from the Matlab wrapper?

VT000
Beginner

I have one question about Matlab wrapper. The pointcloud_example should give the XYZ coordinates and the point cloud (still I don't get the point cloud and I can't access the pointcloud object, I haven't got an answer why) the depth_example should give the depth image.

But, which Matlab functions should give the RGB image and the INFRA image?

0 Kudos
11 Replies
MartyG
Honored Contributor III

Another user succeeded in configuring left and right IR streams in the MATLAB wrapper with the scripting in the link below.

https://forums.intel.com/s/question/0D70P000006AycZSAS

Someone else may be able to help you with the equivalent code for RGB in the MATLAB wrapper

0 Kudos
VT000
Beginner

Hello Marty,

I saw the link. That is OK, but I am using the saved bag files:

cfg = realsense.config();

cfg.enable_device_from_file('D:\Work\Measurements\+realsense\Day09.bag');

profile = pipe.start(cfg);

How should I do this from the bag file?

Thank you in advance.

Best regards,

0 Kudos
Alexandra_C_Intel
Hi VT1000, Thank you for your interest in the Intel RealSense cameras. You can begin with depth_example.m. First enable the streams using the functions in config.m. con = realsense.config(); con.enable_all_streams(); .. then get the frames you want: color = fs.get_color_frame(); infra=fs.get_infrared_frame(); Regards, Alexandra
0 Kudos
VT000
Beginner

Dear Alexandra,

Thank you for the answer and sorry for the late response, I had some jobs to finish.

This code i OK and I am think this is the solution for live streaming. But, I am using saved "bag" files. How can I do this from the "bag" file?

This is the part of my code, where I am using the "bag" file:

cfg.enable_device_from_file('D:\Work\Measurements\+realsense\Day09.bag');

Thank you in advance.

Kind regards,

0 Kudos
Alexandra_C_Intel

Hi VT1000,

The code below will show the color frame from a ROS Bag. You can get the infrared frame using get_infrared_frame .

function rosbag_example(filename)

% Make Config object to manage pipeline settings

validateattributes(filename, {'char','string'}, {'scalartext', 'nonempty'}, '', 'filename', 1);

% Tell pipeline to stream from the given rosbag file

cfg.enable_device_from_file(filename);

% Make Pipeline object to manage streaming

pipe = realsense.pipeline();

% Start streaming from the rosbag with default settings

% Get streaming device's name

dev = profile.get_device();

name = dev.get_info(realsense.camera_info.name);

% Get frames. We discard the first couple to allow

% the camera time to settle

for i = 1:50

fs = pipe.wait_for_frames();

end

% Stop streaming

pipe.stop();

% Get the RGB Frame

color = fs.get_color_frame();

%color = fs.get_infrared_frame();

% Get actual data and convert into a format imshow can use

% (Color data arrives as [R, G, B, R, G, B, ...] vector)

data = color.get_data();

img = permute(reshape(data',[3,color.get_width(),color.get_height()]),[3 2 1]);

% Display image

imshow(img);

title(sprintf("Color frame from %s", name));

end

Regards,

Alexandra

0 Kudos
VT000
Beginner

Hello Alexandra,

Another question about data extraction from the bag file?

How can I extract the depth stream in white-to-black or other visualizing scheme?

The depth_example.m function gives the colored depth image. Is this possible using the depth_example function? The color and other frame work well now.

Thank you in advance.

Kind regards

0 Kudos
VT000
Beginner

Hello Alexandra,

Thank you, it works.

Also, how can I extract the RGB, Depth, PointCloud and infra images for each frame separately? I have extracted the point cloud using the pointcloud_example.m, but there is only one point cloud defined by "vertices" variable (not for the each frame)?

Thank you.

Kind regards,

0 Kudos
Alexandra_C_Intel
Hi VT1000, You can place the frame access, e.g., get_color_frame, get_depth_frame, and other frame processing commands right after the command fs = pipe.wait_for_frames();. fs is the current frameset. You can place the command fs = pipe.wait_for_frames() in a while loop that is TRUE until a certain condition is met. Regards, Alexandra
0 Kudos
VT000
Beginner

Dear Alexandra,

So, there is no option to extract it automatically without programing? OK, I will try it.

Also, I have a question about setting. I would like to use the RealSense D415 outdoors with high accuracy setting? Are there any documents about these settings or a preset JSON file? Where can I find the documents for stereo control, advanced control, depth visualisation and postprocessing settings? I need the explanation of all parameters in those setting in order to try to tune them. I can't find any documents about this. Or, If there is a document for tuning the setting for outdoor usage, I will be thankful if someone would provide me it.

Thank you in advance.

Kind regards

0 Kudos
Alexandra_C_Intel
Hi VT1000, Please open a new thread since your questions are not related to the initial question. Regards, Alexandra
0 Kudos
VT000
Beginner

Dear Alexandra,

Sorry, I have used the link to answer you automatically.

I will open a new thread.

Thank you, kind regards.

0 Kudos