Rapid Storage Technology
Intel® RST, RAID
2047 Discussions

Unknown drive after BIOS update.

JRamos
Beginner

I recently updated my BIOS on an Asus ROG X99 mother board. After the reboot I noticed that it broke my RAID-0 by disassociating one of the drives. Is there a way or are there any tools that I could use to fix this?

2019-03-07.png

0 Kudos
1 Solution
David_V_Intel
Employee
Hello JRamos, Thank you for posting on the Intel ® communities. When a RAID 0 volume fails or is disconnected, the data on the hard drive is no longer accessible. If a hard drive is disconnected, you may be able to recover the volume. If a hard drive fails, you cannot recover the data. Refer to the appropriate procedure below to recover or re-create your configuration: How do I recover a disconnected hard drive? 1 - Turn off the computer. 2 - Reconnect the hard drive. 3 - Turn on the computer. The option ROM automatically marks the RAID 0 volume as normal. 4 - How do I re-create a failed hard drive? How do I re-create a failed hard drive? This procedure deletes the failed RAID 0 volume and creates a RAID 0 volume. 1 - Turn off the computer. 2 - Replace the failed hard drive with a new hard drive of equal or greater capacity. 3 - Turn on the computer. When prompted during system startup, press Ctrl+I at the same time to enter the option ROM user interface. 4 - Click 2. Delete RAID Volume. 5 - Use the up or down arrow keys to select the failed RAID 0 volume. 6 - Press Delete to delete the volume. 7 - Press Y to confirm the deletion. 8 - Click 1. Create RAID Volume and follow the prompts to create a RAID 0 volume. 9 - Click 6. Exit. Regards, David V Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
David_V_Intel
Employee
Hello JRamos, Thank you for posting on the Intel ® communities. When a RAID 0 volume fails or is disconnected, the data on the hard drive is no longer accessible. If a hard drive is disconnected, you may be able to recover the volume. If a hard drive fails, you cannot recover the data. Refer to the appropriate procedure below to recover or re-create your configuration: How do I recover a disconnected hard drive? 1 - Turn off the computer. 2 - Reconnect the hard drive. 3 - Turn on the computer. The option ROM automatically marks the RAID 0 volume as normal. 4 - How do I re-create a failed hard drive? How do I re-create a failed hard drive? This procedure deletes the failed RAID 0 volume and creates a RAID 0 volume. 1 - Turn off the computer. 2 - Replace the failed hard drive with a new hard drive of equal or greater capacity. 3 - Turn on the computer. When prompted during system startup, press Ctrl+I at the same time to enter the option ROM user interface. 4 - Click 2. Delete RAID Volume. 5 - Use the up or down arrow keys to select the failed RAID 0 volume. 6 - Press Delete to delete the volume. 7 - Press Y to confirm the deletion. 8 - Click 1. Create RAID Volume and follow the prompts to create a RAID 0 volume. 9 - Click 6. Exit. Regards, David V Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
JRamos
Beginner

Thanks for the response David.

I believe somehow the controller duplicated the drive in it's config. It shows the serial number for the missing drive as ****VXR:1 and the serial number for the free drive as ****VXR.

0 Kudos
David_V_Intel
Employee
Hello JRamos, Thank you for your response. I understand, thank you for letting me know, if you need any more assistance let me know. Regards, David V Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos