Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20499 Discussions

I need a working Display Audio Driver for my old hp elitebook 8440p that has now windows 10 1809 installed.

VKOTO1
Beginner

Dear Community

I recently upgraded the above mentioned laptop to windows 10. Now i have no audio through the display port. It was working great with windows 7 & a display port to hdmi adapter. This is critical for me as i am using it for my business , i cannot show projects without audio or mess with more cables to get audio from the headphones socket. I need a proper working intel display audio driver to re-enable audio through display port. Laptop has the intel hd3000 graphics card, not the nvidia one . There is some info about manually installing the win7 64bit drivers but this ended up in a blue screen. I had to use system restore to get the laptop back to normal as it seems to have compatibility issues. Any help ? Thank you

0 Kudos
1 Reply
AlHill
Super User

HD3000 graphics are not supported on Windows 10, and have not ever been. Go back to windows 7, or get a new(er) laptop that is supported on Windows 10. There may be a 3rd party HACK out there, but you will be unsupported.

Doc

0 Kudos