Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14509 Discussions

Question about Updates - i7-9700k CPU @ 3.90GHz

MRoss28
Beginner

I recently built a new computer and have tried to make sure I have updated everything correctly. I have run Intel's driver detection software to identify potential updates and no additional ones have been found; however, it looks like some components are still out of date. My processer is on driver version 10.0.17763.1 and I have seen updates for this processor, such as 25.20.100.6577. When I tried to download the update, it said my device was not compatible. I have also seen other components which are not being updated by auto detect. Am I missing something?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
AlHill
Super User

From where are you seeing these other drivers? The only drivers available for this processor are these:

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/product/186604/intel-core-i7-9700k-processor-12m-cache-up-to-4-90-ghz

Do not confuse graphics update with processor updates. 6577 is a graphics update, and 17763 is the Windows 10 version/build.

Do you have an add-on graphics adapter? If so, your processor graphics are likely disabled, and you would not be able to install it.

And, you should not necessarily trust what IDSA says.

Provide more information about your system, i.e. motherboard make/model, add-on graphics, etc.

Otherwise, I think you are worrying about nothing.

Doc

0 Kudos
MRoss28
Beginner

I think you may have answered the question. It may not have worked because I have an external graphics card. It was 6577 that I was trying to download. Computer specs are below.

Intel Core i7 - 9700K 3.60 GHz 8-Core Processor

ASRock - Z390 Phantom Gaming SLI/ac ATX LGA1151 Motherboard

G.Skill Aegis 16 GB DDR-2400 Memory

Crucial - MX500 1 TB M.2-2280 SSD

EVGA GeForce RTX 2080 8 GB Black

EVGA SuperNova G1_650 W 80+ Gold Fully - Modular ATX Power Supply

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

Check in your bios to see if you can use the onboard graphics OR add-on graphics OR both simultaneously.

Also, look in the Device Mangler and see what display adapters it shows.

If it shows an Intel display adapter, what version does it say it has.

Doc

0 Kudos