Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7439 Discussions

After long sleep(more 30 minutes) speed of the wifi decrease till 1 mbit\s. If restart network adapter speed again normal at 80 - 90 mbit\s. I tried restore OS, update drivers but it did not help me.

ESafr
Beginner

Card integrated in noteboot aser swift 3 SF314-54

Intel® Dual Band Wireless-AC 7265 #2

• Manufacturer: Intel Corporation
  • Availability: Running at full power
  • Installed: True
  • Service Name: Netwtw04
  • Driver Provider :Intel
  • Driver Version: 19.51.18.1
  • Driver Date: 31.12.2018
  • Device Id : PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_095A&SUBSYS_50108086&REV_59\181DEAFFFF5B313700
  • Revision: 59 (REV D)

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Abigail_G_Intel
Employee
Hello ESafr, The issue that you are experiencing with the speed of the wireless connection after the computer goes to sleep mode could be related to the power settings that you have in Windows for the Intel® Dual Band Wireless-AC 7265. I would suggest testing with the following settings to check if the issue persists: A. Change the Power Management settings in device manager: 1. Open Device Manager. 2. Right-click in the Networks adapters. 3. Right-click in the Intel® Dual Band Wireless-AC 7265. 4. Click on Properties. 5. Go to the "Power Management" tab. 6. Uncheck the box next to “Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power”. 7. Click "Ok" B. You can also try our recommended Settings of Power Management for Intel® Wireless Adapters, using the following link as reference: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000005879/network-and-i-o/wireless-networking.html Note: I would recommend you to set up this one in Maximum Performance. Please let us know if the issue persists. Abigail G Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation.
0 Kudos
ESafr
Beginner

Adapter properties does not contains that tab

Has next tab: General, Additional(or Advanced), Driver, Details, Events,Resources. And I didn't have settings about network adapter in power management

Annotation 2019-03-21 224813.png

0 Kudos
ESafr
Beginner

I do several changes in system, and network adapter options showed in Power Management(Battery and i change set settings on High Performance, but id didn't help me.

0 Kudos
Abigail_G_Intel
Employee
Hello ESafr, Since the Power management tab is not showing up in the Intel® Dual Band Wireless-AC 7265 properties, I would recommend you to test with the following steps: 1. I would recommend you to perform the clean installation of the wireless drivers following these steps: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000022173/network-and-i-o/wireless-networking.html I would recommend you to perform the installation using the drivers provided by the laptop manufacturer first since they will provide you with customized drivers according to the system needs and features. I was able to find the drivers available listed in the following link: https://www.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/support-product/7581?b=1 You can also try to install our generic drivers provided in the Intel Download Center: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/28623/Windows-10-Wi-Fi-Drivers-for-Intel-Wireless-Adapters?product=99445 Please double check if after the installation of each driver the Power Manager tab appears in the properties for the device and try the steps recommended in the previous post. Best Regards, Abigail G Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation.
0 Kudos
Abigail_G_Intel
Employee
Hello ESafr, I was checking your case and I would like to know if you need further assistance? Please let me know if you have tested the troubleshooting steps provided in the previous post and the outcome after the changes. Best Regards, Abigail G Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation.
0 Kudos
Abigail_G_Intel
Employee
Hello ESafr, I hope you found the information provided helpful. If you need any further assistance, we will be glad to assist you. Regards, Abigail G Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos