Programmable Devices
CPLDs, FPGAs, SoC FPGAs, Configuration, and Transceivers
20639 Discussions

Can A10 GX transceiver's TX/RX channel be used Independently in Uni-direction dataflow?

xytech
New Contributor I

Hi there,

We use 3 pcs of A10 10AX057H3F34E2SG ( named A, B, C) on one board, with inter-FPGA XCVR links between A&B, and B&C. Every link contains x24 Uni-Direction dataflow, with possibly same datarate. as below:

A -----(XCVR x24)-----> B -----(XCVR x24)-----> C

Question: 10AX057H3F34E2SG only has 24 XCVR channels. Can there TX/RX channels be used Independently? Which means, for A only has its TX working, and C only has its RX working, and B's TX and RX in every single lane will work independtly. Meantime, A's RX will Grounded, C's TX will be floated as they are unused.

Is this design feasible? Any special cautions for hardware and logic design? Not sure, hope some Intel expert could kindly help. Thanks very much!

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Nathan_R_Intel
Employee
Hie YI Xiao, Yes, you may use the Tx and Rx independently. Any limitation on the shared resources between the Tx and Rx of every channels will be flagged error when you perform a Quartus compilation. Hence, please create a design using Quartus Prime Pro and run complation to understand the precautions and limitations based on the warnings, ciritcal warnings and error messages. Our Transceiver Phy Reset Controller IP also offers a feature to separate the Tx and Rx reset to be independent. Regards, Nathan

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
xytech
New Contributor I

@JohnT_Intel​ Hi John, if you have time, could please kindly help on this? Thanks a lot !

0 Kudos
xytech
New Contributor I

up

0 Kudos
Nathan_R_Intel
Employee
Hie YI Xiao, Yes, you may use the Tx and Rx independently. Any limitation on the shared resources between the Tx and Rx of every channels will be flagged error when you perform a Quartus compilation. Hence, please create a design using Quartus Prime Pro and run complation to understand the precautions and limitations based on the warnings, ciritcal warnings and error messages. Our Transceiver Phy Reset Controller IP also offers a feature to separate the Tx and Rx reset to be independent. Regards, Nathan
0 Kudos
xytech
New Contributor I

Thanks, Nathan, very useful. We use  Quartus Prime Standard rather than Pro, can we just verify our design in Standard version?

0 Kudos
Nathan_R_Intel
Employee
Yes, you can also use Quartus Prime Standard. Regards, Nathan
0 Kudos