FPGA, SoC, And CPLD Boards And Kits
FPGA Evaluation and Development Kits
5892 Discussions

SD_WriteBlock512 works successfully but no data written in sd card.

SDabh
Novice

Hello All,

This is SD mode 4bit,

I am using terasic sd card example code playing audio through sd card(taking reference). So there is a function:

bool SD_WriteBlock512(DISK_HANDLE DiskHandle, alt_u32 PysicalSelector, alt_u8 szBuf[512]){

return SDLIB_WriteBlock512(PysicalSelector, szBuf);

}

If I use this function it is genrating successful signal that data has been written to the particular address. But when i try to read same address/block i don't see any data in that particular block. I have tried checking this written block with hexdump and I don't see any data. So this gives me clear indication that even though function gives me successful signal there is no data getting on sd card. If I use the same kind of a function to read data from some other block which I have added manually to sd card, I can read that correct data. So this gives me confidence that I am not doing anything wrong when I am reading the data.

Can anyone help me with this?

Why "SD_WriteBlock512" gives me successful signal but no data on sd card?

Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Fawaz_Al-Jubori
Employee
Hello, This design was developed by Terasic, you might check with them on this issue. Please let me know if there is any other cases that it requires support. Thanks
0 Kudos