Items with no label
3335 Discussions

How can i save png image from 2D view?

DMaks1
Novice

I'm new in realsense technology and i need to save image from 2D view for a vision pro test, but i can get only the 3D view's image (.ply) while when i try to save the 2D view it tells me

"Timestamp: 1553766793977.797119

Severity: Info

Description: PNG snapshot was saved to C:\Users\e_Depth.png

Raw data is captured into C:\Users\e_Depth.raw

The frame attributes are saved into C:\Users\e_Depth_metadata.csv"

and i have no image. What i have to do to get 2D images?

0 Kudos
1 Solution
DMaks1
Novice

Hi ElizaD_Intel,

I don't need further assistance on this matter, as i said seems like it's a permission problem and i can't save images everywhere, but i'm fine,

i'm saving them on "C:/", and i have no problem anymore.

Thank you for your assistance,

Danijel.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
12 Replies
MartyG
Honored Contributor III

Apologies for asking this question, but have you gone to the C:\Users folder that the Viewer said that it saved the files to and looked for the 'e_Depth' image files there?

0 Kudos
DMaks1
Novice

Don't worry MartyG. Anyway sure, i checked but there are no images there.

0 Kudos
MartyG
Honored Contributor III

I have not come across this problem before and was not able to replicate it. Hopefully one of the Intel team members on this forum can help (I do not work for Intel).

Which RealSense camera model are you using, please?

0 Kudos
DMaks1
Novice

Intel Realsense D415 (intel realsense viewer v2.19.0). I just need to save the 2D view's image nothing more. Thank you for your time anyway

0 Kudos
Eliza_D_Intel
Employee
Hello DMaks1, Thank you for your interest in the Intel RealSense D415 camera. Could you please choose another folder to save the images? For example "Downloads". The folder "Users" usually is protected from changes. I have tested with the same version of RealSense Viewer and I did not notice this behavior when saving to any other folder besides "Users". Thank you and best regards, Eliza
0 Kudos
DMaks1
Novice

Hello ElizaD_Intel,

the problem is that i did not choose the folder "users" as the folder where to save the images, because i choose a folder on desktop and even if i change folder and change the images's name as well i get always the same message i share before.

0 Kudos
Eliza_D_Intel
Employee
Hello DMaks1, Thank you for the clarifications! Is it possible then to uninstall RealSense Viewer v2.19.0 and install the latest version, which is v2.19.2? You can find it on: https://github.com/IntelRealSense/librealsense/releases Thank you and best regards, Eliza
0 Kudos
DMaks1
Novice

Hello ElizaD_Intel,

i just install RealSense Viewer v2.19.2 but i have the same problem, same message, no saved image anywhere.

I don t think that this is the problem but just wanna let you know that using the latest version of realSense viewer the OS detect the camera as connected to a 2.1 usb port while before was 3.0 (i use the same usb port that it s a 3.0 usb port).

Thank you for your time, Danijel

0 Kudos
DMaks1
Novice

Hello ElizaD_Intel,

Seems like RealSense Viewer has a permission problem (like it can't access on some folders even if i run it as an administrator), i have to run it as an administrator and save the image in a specific folder on "C:/", and it also saves the image with the same name every time (even if i wrote "test" the image will be called "e_depth"), obviously after saving the image i can change its name but seems strange anyway.

For the moment i will continue like this, if you discover something for this issue let me know.

Thank you for your time anyway, have a good day.

Danijel

0 Kudos
Eliza_D_Intel
Employee
Hello DMaks1, You can try this workaround for the issue with USB connection. 1. Unplug the camera and plug it back in quickly. 2. Connect the cable to the camera side first then to the host second. 3. Reverse the orientation of the C-type connector to the camera. 4. Plug in the camera to other PCs with USB 3 ports and plug it back into the original PC. There is a hardware issue with the type-C connector on the camera module that may be causing the problem. There is a controller on the board that switches a MUX to route the SS signals from the connector to the ASIC and it is slow to switch; the USB2 signals always connect first and if the ASIC doesn't see the USB3 signals soon enough, it starts in USB2 mode. The RealSense D400 series cameras will function when recognized as USB 2 and also when connected to USB 2 ports. As for the issue with RealSense Viewer, could you please let us know if you are using your personal computer or a work computer? Is it possible to test on another PC to see how it behaves? I have tried replicating your issue on 2 computers so far but I did not encounter this issue. Thank you and best regards, Eliza
0 Kudos
Eliza_D_Intel
Employee
Hello DMaks1, Could you please let us know if you require further assistance on this matter? Thank you and best regards, Eliza
0 Kudos
DMaks1
Novice

Hi ElizaD_Intel,

I don't need further assistance on this matter, as i said seems like it's a permission problem and i can't save images everywhere, but i'm fine,

i'm saving them on "C:/", and i have no problem anymore.

Thank you for your assistance,

Danijel.

0 Kudos