Programmable Devices
CPLDs, FPGAs, SoC FPGAs, Configuration, and Transceivers
20688 Discussions

JTAG programming & active serial doesn't work

AZaba3
Beginner

I'm using Cyclone 4E (EP4CE115F29C8N).

When trying to load the FPGA via JTAG USB Blaster (SOF), the download sometimes fails and sometimes completes successfully but the device does not work.

When trying to download the configuration device (EPCQ64A) file via JTAG USB Blaster (JIC), the download fails. When looking at the DCLK signal using a scope I can see a single (very slow) transition from low to high.

When programming the configuration device directly from the USB Blaster in active serial mode (not via the FPGA), the programming completes successfully but still the FPGA doesn't load from it.

I have used the exact same configuration on an earlier version of the same board (with configuration device EPCQ64Q) and it worked flawlessly. The FPGA used on the older board had an earlier date code.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Vicky1
Employee

Hi,

I believe that, you would have done it earlier but, just ensure it again,

Select appropriate device present on the board in project, ensure pin assignment with respect to used board then perform full compilation & try to program the board.

you can also check the simple D flip flop programming on same board using JTAG & active serial.

Regards,

Vikas

0 Kudos