Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20497 Discussions

HD 530 Wakes up Monitor every 40 seconds

PGann
Beginner

I have a motherboard with an integrated HD 530 with a Dell U2410 on Displayport as my second adapter and second monitor. After the monitor goes to sleep at the specified time (15 min), it receives a signal from the video card after 40 seconds that wakes it up, then immediately goes back to power save mode without displaying anything, wakes up immediately again, then goes back to power save mode. It then sleeps for 40 seconds and the process repeats; Sleep for 40 seconds, wake up twice back to back, then sleep for 40 seconds, etc. I have disabled the audio connection to the monitor in Device Manager (Windows 10), but this hasn't helped. I'm using the latest driver for both the monitor and the video adapter, and a premium DP cable. Any ideas?

0 Kudos
10 Replies
LeonWaksman
Super User

Try this:

Enter the Menu on the OSD Menu on your monitor (press on LED 4th from top). In the Other Settings disable the DDC/CI (Display Data Channel/Command Interface) .

Leon

0 Kudos
PGann
Beginner

That is a great idea - but, unfortunately I had already disabled DCI in earlier troubleshooting. I just checked it again, and it was off.

0 Kudos
LeonWaksman
Super User

Please try to disconnect the mouse and keyboard (or if wireless, the wireless receiver), to verify if those devices are not the cause to monitor awake.

Leon

0 Kudos
Wanner_G_Intel
Hello PGann, Were you able to review the information provided on this thread? Wanner G. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
PGann
Beginner

Yes, sorry - got busy. I disconnected all USB devices from the PC and the problem persists. As I mentioned in my original post - the timing is exactly the same every time - 40 seconds - so that strikes me as being some sort of process or polling that is triggering things, rather than being caused by random input.

0 Kudos
Wanner_G_Intel
Hello PGann, We would like to gather more information to address this issue. A. Please run the Intel® System Support Utility and attach the report to this thread. 1.Download the Intel® System Support Utility and save the application to your system. https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility-for-Windows-?product=91600 2.Open the application and click Scan to see system and device information. The Intel® System Support Utility defaults to the Summary View on the output screen following the scan. Click the menu where it says summary to change to Detailed View. 3.To save your scan, click Next and click Save. You can save the file to any accessible location on your computer. B. You mentioned that you have a DELL* Dell U2410 as your second monitor, but could you please explain to us how these devices are connected (including your main monitor) and the cables you are using? Wanner G. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
PGann
Beginner

Scan is attached. The U2410 is my secondary monitor and is connected to the display port on the motherboard via a 1.4/HBR3 VESA certified DP cable. There is also a NVIDIA GTX 1080 Ti for the primary monitor, which is an Alienware AW3418DW and it is also connected with a similar DP cable.

0 Kudos
Wanner_G_Intel
Hello PGann, Thank you for attaching the report requested. To troubleshoot this issue, we would like to check the minimum configuration first. 1. Have you tried testing another monitor? 2. Does this issue occur if you have only the Dell U2410 (or another monitor) connected to the motherboard? 3. Does it happen if you connect the Dell U2410 to the external GPU only? 4. Does it occur if you use the Microsoft Basic Display Adapter? You can get the 'Microsoft Basic Display Adapter' by following these steps: 1. Disconnect your unit from the Internet to prevent Windows* Updates from installing any other driver. 2. Uninstall the DCH driver and the Intel® Graphics Control Panel from Control Panel > Programs and Features. 3. Restart the computer. 4. Make sure the 'Microsoft Basic Display Adapter' is listed under Windows* Device Manager > Video adapters. If not, repeat steps 1 to 3. 5. If the adapter continues to be listed as ‘Intel HD Graphics’, and no other Intel® Graphics driver is listed under 'Programs and Features' for removal, then it means Windows* has switched to a previously installed Legacy driver. At this point, we can remove Legacy drivers from Device Manager: 6.1.1 Right-click on 'Intel HD Graphics' or similar, and select 'Uninstall Device' 6.1.2 In the pop-up window make sure 'Delete the driver software for this device' is checked. 6.1.3 Click on 'Uninstall'. 6.1.4 Restart. (Repeat steps 6.1.1 through 6.1.4 until the device gets listed as 'Microsoft Basic Display Adapter') Wanner G. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
Wanner_G_Intel
Hello PGann, Were you able to review the information provided? Wanner G. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
Wanner_G_Intel
Hello PGann, If you have any further questions, we will be glad to help you. Wanner G. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos