Ethernet Products
Determine ramifications of Intel® Ethernet products and technologies
4811 Discussions

INTEL 82579V IS DISABLED AND IDENTIFIED AS 82579LM

TDePo
Beginner

Hi to all

I recently updated my system with an SSD.

After the update, the driver for intel network adapter 82579V started having some problems. Under device manager, it is identified intermittently with 82579V or LM. When identified as V works correctly, otherwise I get no internet connection.

I have seen this is a known problem, although i did not find a common solution. I obviously tried reinsalling the drivers with no success.

I get no internet on cold boot, but if i run the installer driver PROWin64.exe sometimes it identifies it with V and i get back internet.

It is strange that this problem came up after updating the system... Any suggestions?

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Mike_Intel
Hello TDePo, Thank you for posting in Intel Ethernet Communities. Are you using Windows 10? If yes, please try to install the NVM Update Utility. Kindly open the link below to download the update. https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/22026/NVM-Update-Utility-for-Intel-82579V-Gigabit-Ethernet-PHY-Network-Connection If you have questions, please let us know. Best regards, Michael L. Intel Customer Support Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
Mike_Intel
Hello TDePo, Just want to check if you tried our last recommendation and what is the update? If you have questions, please let us know. Best regards, Michael L. Intel Customer Support Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
Mike_Intel
Hello TDePo, Just checking if you tried our last recommendations If you have questions, please let us know. Best regards, Michael L. Intel Customer Support Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
Mike_Intel
Hello TDePo, Just making another follow up if you are done with our last recommendation. If you have questions, please let us know. Best regards, Michael L. Intel Customer Support Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos