Ethernet Products
Determine ramifications of Intel® Ethernet products and technologies
4808 Discussions

Intel(R) Ethernet Connection I219-LM connection problem

MViss4
Novice

Good afternoon,

On a avalue EPC-SKLU I had an issue with the I219-LM network interface. After booting the PC each ~20 sec the network adapter resetted. This was noticed on the LEDs behavior near the connector and in Windows due to a red cross appearing near the adapter Icon

Untitled.png

In the Windows event log Event ID 10400 shows up:

The network interface "Intel(R) Ethernet Connection I219-LM" has begun resetting. There will be a momentary disruption in network connectivity while the hardware resets.

Reason: The network driver detected that its hardware has stopped responding to commands.

This network interface has reset 2978 time(s) since it was last initialized

Version 10.0.14393 Build 14393

Driver: c:\windows\system32\drivers\e1i63x64.sys (12.15.22.6, 512.50 KB (524,800 bytes), 7/16/2016 4:41 AM)

After a reboot the problem vanished mysteriously...✨

Avalue was contacted but they have never seen this behavior.

What I would like to know is what the root cause is of "the network driver detected that its hardware has stopped responding to commands" message in Event ID 10400 as this comes directly from the Intel driver.

This as I am concerned about the stability of the I219-LM ethernet connection.

Note it looks like this is similar to this unanswered issue:

https://forums.intel.com/s/question/0D50P0000490S7wSAE/re-intel-i219lm-no-connectivityon-hp-prodesk-600g3?language=en_US

Regards

Marcel

0 Kudos
7 Replies
Caguicla_Intel
Hello MViss4, Thank you for posting in Intel Ethernet Communities. Please provide the details below for us to check on your query. 1.) Kindly share where the current driver (12.15.22.6) was downloaded? 2.) Is there any software or hardware changes prior to the problem? 3.) Have you tried updating the Ethernet driver? I tried to look into this problem and have found that there was another user that experienced the same issue. You might want to check it out as a reference thru the link below. It was mentioned that intermittent network connection might occur due to outdated network driver. It might also happen due to corrupt TCP/IP settings for the wireless network or conflict from other applications running on the laptop. There are also recommendations that you might want to consider giving a try in case that the problem occurs again. (This link will bring you to a third party website, owned and operated by an independent party over which Intel has no control. Intel is not responsible for information outside of the Intel Web site.) https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-networking/lan-driver-keeps-on-resetting-every-few-seconds/0686df72-7180-4e5d-a5f8-96fa4e6041e6 Looking forward to your response. Best regards, Crisselle C Intel Customer Support Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
MViss4
Novice

Dear Intel Customer Support,

>1.) Kindly share where the current driver (12.15.22.6) was downloaded? 

The driver was provided by avalue and came with the installed windows 10 on EPC-SKLU.

>2.) Is there any software or hardware changes prior to the problem?

No there were no hard- or software changes

>3.) Have you tried updating the Ethernet driver? 

Haven't tried this

To clarify, I not only had to reboot but also power cycle to solve the problem.

I have read the information on the referred Microsoft site, when the problem occurs again I will try these suggestions.

The Windows power plan is set to 'high performance', so I expect no problems with the 'Power Management' feature of the driver.

Can you please explain when the "the network driver detected that its hardware has stopped responding to commands" message in Event ID 10400 is triggered by the Intel driver?

Marcel

0 Kudos
Caguicla_Intel
Hello MViss4, Thank you for the reply. We will help you further check on your concern regarding the event log message and give you an update as soon as possible. Please be informed that I219-LM ethernet connection is an OEM version as it comes with EPC-SKLU from Avalue. For OEM version of Ethernet Controllers, your computer manufacturer might have customized drivers and software to enable or alter features, or provide improved operation on your computer. Hoping for your patience. Best regards, Crisselle C Intel Customer Support Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
MViss4
Novice

Dear Intel Customer Support,

For your information find here the MD5 of the c:\windows\system32\drivers\e1i63x64.sys as used on EPC-SKLU: 83e4a14f851341c933c3235bfb882eca

Marcel

0 Kudos
Caguicla_Intel
Hello MViss4, We'd like to check if there's new system or application running in the network that might broadcast traffic to the systems that could trigger the error. Sharing with you the link below as another customer also encountered the same issue. (This link will bring you to a third party website, owned and operated by an independent party over which Intel has no control. Intel is not responsible for information outside of the Intel Web site.) https://community.spiceworks.com/topic/1961812-loss-of-connection Best regards, Crisselle C Intel Customer Support Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
Caguicla_Intel
Hello MViss4, Kindly let us know if there's new system or application running in the network that might broadcast traffic to the systems that could trigger the error. This would help us to further check on finding the root cause of the issue. Looking forward to your response. Best regards, Crisselle C Intel Customer Support Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
Caguicla_Intel
Hello MViss4, Please let us know if you need other assistance for this matter. Looking forward to your response. Best regards, Crisselle C Intel Customer Support Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos