Rapid Storage Technology
Intel® RST, RAID
2047 Discussions

Driver needed for my good old RAID version 8.9 Intel Matrix Storage Manager/ Windows 10 Pro 64 bits

Lafite1968
Beginner

Gentlemen/ Ladies/ Pro(s),

My good old Sony VAIO VGN-AR770 laptop just upgraded to Windows 10 Pro 64 bits.

It has the Intel RAID version 8.9 Matrix Storage Manager, currently set as RAID 0 for performance.

It came with 32 bits OS Vista Ultimate, they made the laptop is 64 bits capable, I did a fresh installation of OS long time ago to windows 7 Pro 64 bits. And I remember one of you guys helped me to set the RAID array platform before the fresh installation of 7Pro.

Now, I just finally upgraded the OS from 7Pro to WIndows 10 Pro 64 bits. (Not fresh installation, just UPGRADE with all files intact )

I was thinking, is it possible to get a driver for my version 8.9 with Windows 10 Pro support?

Thank you,....

0 Kudos
3 Replies
AlHill
Super User

Old hardware. Processor likely supported on Windows 10.

All the drivers you will find are here:

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/product/55005/Intel-Rapid-Storage-Technology-Intel-RST-

Do not get your hopes up.

Doc

0 Kudos
Lafite1968
Beginner

Hello,

Thanks for Al. Hill's reply. I myself looked at that too before asking, I noticed the current version is 17, I am not sure if I can use the version 17.

Way back one of the guy here pointed me, based on my processor Core2 Duo T9500/ 2.6Ghz, a driver for my intel matrix storage manager for windows 7 Pro, I have been using since. I just finally UPGRADEd to Windows 10 Pro 64 bits with all files intact, NOT fresh installation of OS.

So, I "assume" the driver supports win7Pro is still working,...that's why I am trying to see if ...may be version 9 or version 10 (older version) that works with my processor?!

Thank you in advance,

Thank you,

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

To be honest, none of what you have is supported on Windows 10.

If you need RST working moving forward, I would get new(er) hardware that is supported on Windows 10.

Doc

0 Kudos