Rapid Storage Technology
Intel® RST, RAID
2047 Discussions

Why is RST service not running on Win 10?

thunderrd
Beginner

On my Windows 10 machine the RST service does not run.  I have attached screenshots. I have tried changing the startup to Auto, with no result, and I can't start it manually, but my raid seems to work properly. Event viewer is full of errors from RST and iastor [see screenshots]

I believe there may be a mismatch in versioning, but I'm no expert: Add/Remove reports a different version of the Management Engine than Device Manager [see the first screenshot].

I can provide any other information you need. Just ask :)

Thanks for the time :)

0 Kudos
8 Replies
thunderrd
Beginner

2 more screenshots

0 Kudos
thunderrd
Beginner
posted a file.
0 Kudos
thunderrd
Beginner
posted a file.
0 Kudos
thunderrd
Beginner

Hi, I did a little more digging and found that there are two different versions of iastorsw.inf and iastorswext.inf installed in the Windows Driver store . The version numbers are: 17.2.0.1009 and 16.5.1.1030

Does this information help in any way?

0 Kudos
Leonardo_C_Intel
Hello thunderrd Thank you for posting in the Intel Community. After looking into the error that you are having in the system this seems to be related to a Windows registry issue, we recommend completing a clean installation of the Operating System (OS), in case you need assistance to complete the OS installation we recommend contacting Microsoft®. NOTE: make sure to have a back up of the information on your system. Hope this helps. Regards, Leonardo C. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
thunderrd
Beginner

Well, that isn't the answer I was hoping for. Re-installing the OS simply isn't an option right now, maybe later when the machine isn't in demand. Is there really no method to completely remove RST and its relevant registry entries and re-install it without ripping out the entire OS?

I'll have to look for more information on my own.

Thanks for replying anyway :)

0 Kudos
Leonardo_C_Intel
Hello thunderrd We don't recommend manipulating the Windows registry on the system since this can cause system instability, that is why the registry issues we recommend completing a clean OS installation. you can refer to the Microsoft to confirm if they have steps to manage the Windows registry. Regards, Leonardo C. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
thunderrd
Beginner

HI, I am going to reopen this.

I've since done a clean install of Win10, and installed RST from the mainboard install disk. However, the service still does not run, and IAStorDataMgrSvc will not start manually. What can I provide to help troubleshot this issue?

0 Kudos