Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)
16612 Discussions

DSE II Remote Farm SSH Setup / Documentation

ZEink
Beginner

Hi, i try to setup Design Space Explorer II to perform compilation on remote farm SSH.

I cant find any useful documentation about this topic, unless an Official Intel Video on how to setup up remote farm in DSE that is absolutly useless and tells me nothing...

is this feature obsolete ???

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WdO5VOQkl7s

0 Kudos
2 Replies
RichardTanSY_Intel
May I know which step you are stuck when setup the DSE II? If there is any insufficient information in the video, let us know so we can improve the video.
0 Kudos
Pedro_Borges
Beginner

Hi, we are trying to do the same but we are having some issues, we have followed the same tutorial linked above but we are stuck, the video does not mention if you have to set up something in the linux server computer first in order for it to work using ssh, it just mentions that we have to create a private and public keyfile, which we have already done. Despite of that we get the following error message:

Warning: [Errno 11001] getaddrinfo failed
Error: [Errno 11001] getaddrinfo failed
Error: Traceback (most recent call last):
File "server.py", line 102, in run_impl
File "d:\programas\quartus\quartus\common\python\lib\socketserver.py", line 452, in __init__
self.server_bind()
File "d:\programas\quartus\quartus\common\python\lib\socketserver.py", line 466, in server_bind
self.socket.bind(self.server_address)
socket.gaierror: [Errno 11001] getaddrinfo failed

Design Space Explorer finished

It seems to be an internal DSEII error when trying to resolve the hostname. It does not seems to be a conection error because we can ping both computers and we can also link them via PuTTY using SSH without any problem. We will be so thankful if we get a response from the team.

Thanks.

0 Kudos