Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14508 Discussions

Is the 9600k based off of a 6 core or 8 core design

JFlai
Beginner

Online, some sites say that the core i5-9600K processor is based off of a 6 core piece of silicon, and some people say its actually the same silicon used for the 9th gen 8 core processors with 2 of its defective cores disabled. I'm inclined to believe that its using the older 6 core die design that was used for 8th gen chips, but it still might be using the 8 core design. Any clarification with proof would be very helpful.

0 Kudos
5 Replies
n_scott_pearson
Super User

Obviously, you perceive a difference between a 6-Core processor and an 8-Core processor that has 2 Cores disabled.​ You'll have to explain this to me; I perceive them to be virtually identical.

...S

0 Kudos
JFlai
Beginner

It’s not exactly a perceivable difference per se, more just for curiosity’s sake.

0 Kudos
Wanner_G_Intel
Hello JFlai, We would like to add that the information you would like to obtain about Intel® Core™ i5-9600K Processors is not publicly available since it is a manufacturing process. Wanner G. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
Wanner_G_Intel
Hello JFlai, If you have any further question, please let us know. Wanner G. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
Wanner_G_Intel

Hello JFlai,

If you need further assistance, please contact us back.

Wanner G.

Intel Customer Support Technician

Under Contract to Intel Corporation

0 Kudos