Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)
16594 Discussions

How to update the top level design file in pin planner?

DTruj3
Beginner

I am trying to update the top level design file after I change pin assignments in pin planner. Only options I can find is to create a new top level design file, but I don't want to do that.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
DTruj3
Beginner

**UPDATE**

To get around it I selected "Assignments" then "Remove Assignments..." and selected removed the pin assignments and recompiled with my new pin assignments. Worked good.

0 Kudos
KhaiChein_Y_Intel

Hi,

If you make any changes in the Pin Planner, the design will be updated with the new assignment after the compilation.

Thanks

0 Kudos
DTruj3
Beginner

YY

Thanks for responding!!!

I changed node locations in Pin Planner and when I recompiled I got the error "Error (171173): Node led[1] from partition Top cannot preserve previous placement at PIN A23 and honor the location assignment to PIN AK29" The only way I found that could clear the error was by removing the assignments.

However, now I can't replicate the error. When I change pin assignments and recompile I have no issues.

0 Kudos
KhaiChein_Y_Intel

Hi,

It is glad that you solved this error.

Referring to the Error message: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/programmable/quartushelp/current/index.htm#msgs/msgs/efitcc_fitcc_qic_conflict_user_location_assignment.htm. Removing assignment is one of the ways to work around this.

Thanks.

0 Kudos