Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14405 Discussions

How do I exchange my broken Processor that is under warranty?

SLebr
Beginner

My computer is Blue-screening up to 4 times a week. I have changed out multiple parts and is still doing the same thing, if not more than before. The only thing I have left to change is my Processor. I have an Intel core i7 8700k unlocked processor. I'm not sure how to claim warranty and who to contact to get my problem fixed. I'd like to have my Processor exchanged because it's still under warranty. If anyone knows how, please let me know.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
7 Replies
AlHill
Super User

Doubtful that it is the processor. What are the blue screen messages/error codes?

If you want to start a warranty return, go here: https://supporttickets.intel.com/warrantyinfo?lang=en-US

Doc

0 Kudos
SLebr
Beginner

The error code is constantly different, sometimes its memory, sometimes its cpu malfunction. And if it isn't the cpu then woat could it be. Like I said, I have litteraly changed every part in my computer other than the processor.

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

You have change memory? You have changed the motherboard? You have changed the power supply?

Doc

0 Kudos
SLebr
Beginner
0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

Dude, you only said you changed multiple parts, you were not specific as to which. We deal with specifics here. Provide the make and model of your system/motherboard, what bios you are using, what memory you are using. Provide the error codes. What OS are you using? What OS version are you using.

Be specific, dude.

Doc

0 Kudos
SLebr
Beginner

I have a Z390 AORUS Elete Motherboard. Im using Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit, 36gb ddr4 Ram, and like i said before, the error codes change depending on what im doing during the crash. (I wrote this earlier and my computer again Blue-screened saying i had a SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION error. Yesterday I had a CPU malfunction error)

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

What VERSION of windows 10 are you running? 1809? Earliert?

Confirm that you have replaced the motherboard, memory, and power supply.

Confirm that you are at the proper bios level for your board and processor.

Doc

0 Kudos