Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7429 Discussions

Low wifi speed on laptop Dell XPS 13 9350 with Intel Dual Band Wireless-AC 8260

MCian
Beginner

Hi, I have a 1 Gbit connection and even if I updated my wi fi /bluetooth card to the latest version of the intel website BT_21.10.1_32_Win10.exe I'm still experiencing the problem of reaching a max of 230 mbps with my network card. It is for sure better than before that i reached a max of 90 mbps but it is still super slow. how can i improve it?

Could you please help me?

I'm attaching here the output of the command

netsh wlan show interface

My current configuration in my network card is the following :

Wireless Mode: 6. 802.11a/b/g

801.11n/ac Wireless Mode: 801.11ac

802.11n for 2.4GHz: Auto

802.11n for 5.2GHz: Auto

Mixed Mode Protection: RTS/CTS Enabled

Preferred Band: No Preference

Roaming Aggressiveness: 5. Highest

Throughput Booster: Enabled

Transmit Power: 5. Highest

0 Kudos
5 Replies
n_scott_pearson
Super User

You need to talk to Dell. This is an OEM version of the module and Dell is responsible for it.

...S

0 Kudos
MCian
Beginner

Hi Scott,

if you search in the past discussions this version of network card is embedded in different vendors' pcs :) Dell said that for specific parameters i need to contact Intel and upgrade to the latest version of the wi fi/bluetooth adaptor that is however the same product provided by Dell for all its products.. for this reason is supported by Intel anyway being an Intel component and not a Dell one or a customized one :)

So I'll wait, as happened in the past, an answer from an Intel Rep :)

Thanks anyway for your point of view.

0 Kudos
Oscar_A_Intel1
Employee

Hello MCian,

Thank you for posting on the Intel Community.

I understand you’re having performance issues with the Intel® Dual Band Wireless-AC 8265. Please try the following steps that might help you to fix the issue.

1.   Perform a clean installation using the latest driver provided by your system manufacturer (Dell*) since they have tested and validated it to properly work on your system. Link of the drivers from the Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM): https://www.dell.com/support/home/us/en/04/product-support/product/xps-13-9350-laptop/drivers

2.   If the prior step did not work, please try a clean installation using our generic driver. Download link: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/28794/Windows-10-Wi-Fi-Drivers-for-Intel-Wireless-Adapters?product=94150 (Keep in mind that this driver might not work since you’re using an OEM system and they have their own limitations to use the drivers customized by them).

3.   Please go ahead and check this article that contains all the advanced settings of your wireless adapter, it might help you to increase the performance. Link: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000005585/network-and-i-o/wireless-networking.html

4.   Check if you have the latest BIOS version. (Contact your OEM for further instructions)

*NOTE: Please check the clean installation instructions from the following article:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000022173/network-and-i-o/wireless-networking.html

If the prior steps did not fix the issue, please provide the following information:

1.   Is this the original wireless adapter that came with the laptop or is it an integration?

2.   Are you getting the right speed using other devices? (Such as other laptops, tablets, cell phones, etc).

3.   What is the Windows*10 version that you have installed?

4.   Have you tried connecting the laptop to another network if you can get the right speed?

Best regards,

Oscar A.

Intel Customer Support Technician

Under Contract to Intel Corporation

0 Kudos
Oscar_A_Intel1
Employee

Hello MCian,

I'd like to know if you were able to fix the problem by following the steps provided.

Regards,

Oscar A.

0 Kudos
Oscar_A_Intel1
Employee

Hello MCian,

Please contact us if you have any questions.

Regards,

Oscar A.

0 Kudos