Intel vPro® Platform
Intel Manageability Forum for Intel® EMA, AMT, SCS & Manageability Commander
2834 Discussions

Intel Vpro / deployment with MDT 2013

omarq3
Beginner

Hello,

My company is providing training for customers. I do need to deploy remotely (on a different site) via MDT 2013, freshly made installation 3 times a week.

Can Vpro (KVM features via AMT) provides me a remote access on computer and allows me to boot on a PXE provided by MDT (configured via DHCP) and allows me to access via KVM during the whole process ?

Thanks for your time

0 Kudos
6 Replies
JoseH_Intel

Hello omarq3,

Thank you for joining the community.

When you say MDT 2013 do you refer to the Microsoft Deployment Tool 2013?

About the AMT capabilities you are correct, when the remote system is correctly provisioned (setup) it will allow you to remote into the system, perform power on/power off operations, see the POST on the screen (thus been able to see the PXE boot process) exactly the same as if you where in front of the system. Of course the PXE server should be in the same subnet where this system is trying to PXE boot.

For more detailed information you can check the following URLs:

https://www.intel.com/content/dam/support/us/en/documents/software/software-applications/Intel_SCS_Deployment_Guide.pdf

https://www.intel.com/content/dam/support/us/en/documents/software/Intel_SCS_User_Guide.pdf

If you have additional questions just let us know

Regards

Jose A.

Intel Customer Support Technician

Under Contract to Intel Corporation

0 Kudos
omarq3
Beginner

Hello Jose !

first of all thanks for your answers, I'll read carefully the documentation you provided to me.

Quickly, as far as my concern is to deploy new OS every 2 days, looks like that AMT / KVM features is completly independent from the OS, can you confirm this ?

0 Kudos
JoseH_Intel

Hello omarq3,

You are correct, all the AMT features are OS independent. When remotely connected through AMT you can even power on the system in case is turned off and access BIOS. It's primary purpose is for remote troubleshooting and management but it could perfectly suit what you want to accomplish.

Let me know if you have further questions.

Jose A.

Intel Customer Support Technician

Under Contract to Intel Corporation

0 Kudos
JoseH_Intel
Hello omarq3, I am just following up to double check if you found the provided information useful. Otherwise let us know if you require more details. Regards Jose A. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
omarq3
Beginner

Hello !

We found out that AMT is capable of what we want to do, we ordered an intel Vpro DELL PC to test the whole solution so yes, we are done for now.

Thanks a lot for your time,

Have a good one !

0 Kudos
JoseH_Intel
Hello omarq3, Thanks for your updates. We will proceed to mark this thread as resolved. If you have further issues or questions just go ahead and create a new topic. Jose A. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos