Ethernet Products
Determine ramifications of Intel® Ethernet products and technologies
4810 Discussions

82579LM Ethernet Controller qith Windows 10 (1903): vlan creation possible, but cannot be enabled

FBode2
Beginner

Hi,

Yesterday i installed Windows 10 pro, (1903, the newest) in an Lenovo m92z (that has Intel 82579LM Ethernet Controller). Before, the PC run Windows 8.1 pro and had multiple vlan`s on the nic.

I tested various prowin64.exe drivers (at the moment, i have 22.10.3.0), but i cannot get vlan`s eorking. When i create a new vlan, it is established, but remains disabled. When i try to enable it, a popup with "enabling" is shown, but it stays disabled.

With win 8.1 , i had nio problems. What is the problem? what is wrong? what drivers should be used to get this working?

6 Replies
Caguicla_Intel

Hello FBode2,

Thank you for posting in Intel Ethernet Communities. Please be informed that this is a known issue on Windows 10 (1903). Kindly check the information below:

Support for Microsoft Windows* 10, Version 1903 (19H1) & Microsoft* Windows Server* 2019, Version 1903 (19H1) will be available in SW Release 24.1.

SW Release 24.1 will support Microsoft Windows* 10, Version 1903 & Microsoft* Windows Server* 2019, Version 1903 and also include fixes for issues some customers were experiencing with Team and VLAN configuration using PowerShell. 

SW Release 24.1 is expected in June of 2019.

Important Note: Prior to the release of SW 24.1, we will be releasing SW 24.0. Please be aware that 24.0 does not support Microsoft Windows* 10, Version 1903 or Microsoft* Windows Server* 2019, Version 1903. Support for Microsoft Windows* 10, Version 1903 & Microsoft* Windows Server* 2019, Version 1903 will be in release 24.1

The Intel Ethernet team is responsible for validating and submitting new driver packages to Microsoft for inclusion on Windows Update. Microsoft does not support Team and VLAN configuration on Window 10. Team and VLAN configuration for Intel Ethernet Adapters on Windows 10 is supported via our Intel® PROSet software. Intel® PROSet is not included on Microsoft Windows Update.

For the meantime, you may also try to fresh install Windows 10 (1809) as this was also encountered by another customer.

https://forums.intel.com/s/question/0D50P00004LVFNh/vlan-support-broken-windows-10-1903-prowinx64v2352-on-i219lm

Let us know if you have additional questions.

Best regards,

Crisselle C

Intel Customer Support

Under Contract to Intel Corporation

0 Kudos
Caguicla_Intel

Hello FBode2,

We'd like to check if we were able to address your query. If you have additional questions and clarifications, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Best regards,

Crisselle C

Intel Customer Support

0 Kudos
Caguicla_Intel

Hello FBode2,

Please let us know if you have any other concerns or assistance needed on this matter, feel free to post on this thread and we will be glad to be of help.

Looking forward to your response.

Best regards,

Crisselle C

Intel Customer Support

0 Kudos
VincentT_Intel

Hi FBode2,

Please be informed the SW 24.1 is already available in Download Center, for additional details, kindly check out this thread.

Let us know if it fixes your VLAN issue.

Best Regards,

Vince T.

Intel Customer Support

A Contingent Worker at Intel

0 Kudos
RNiel1
Beginner

Version 24.1 on Windows 10 v1809 still does not allow multiple VLANs to be created/active on an Intel l219-LM network device!

No VLAN settings available in the IntelPRO Set Adapter Configuration Utility.

0 Kudos
Caguicla_Intel

Hello RNiel1,

Is there any error that you encountered while creating multiple VLANs? Have you tried to uninstall then reinstall the driver?

As mentioned on this thread, Team and VLAN configuration are only supported using Intel® PROSet for Windows PowerShell* Software's cmdlets. This only applies to Microsoft Windows* 10. And we plan to add Advanced Network Services including Team and VLAN configuration to the Intel® PROSet Adapter Configuration Utility interface in a future release.

Let us know if you have additional questions.

Best Regards,

Crisselle C.

Intel Customer Support

A Contingent Worker at Intel

0 Kudos