Ethernet Products
Determine ramifications of Intel® Ethernet products and technologies
4813 Discussions

Internet resets - tried everything - Intel(R) Ethernet Connection (2) I219-V

JBend5
Beginner

(I asked this a while ago but forgot about it, so I ask here again - with SSU report attached)

Internet resets - tried everything - Intel(R) Ethernet Connection (2) I219-V

Hi

I have tried different drivers, updated everything( i think), I have tried 2 different routers - but my problem persists. My internet will drop for maybe 10-30 seconds, then I will be connected again. This is ethernet.

It will happen maybe 2-3 times a day (from what I experience.

The error I see every time in error log is this :

"The network interface "Intel(R) Ethernet Connection (2) I219-V" has begun resetting. There will be a momentary disruption in network connectivity while the hardware resets. Reason:The network driver requested that it be reset"

ID : 10400

Attached is SSU report.

Please advise.

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Caguicla_Intel

Hello JBend5,

Thank you for posting in Intel Ethernet Communities.

Checking on the SSU log, the installed driver was 12.15.25.6. The latest driver available from Intel is 12.18.8.9. Please perform a clean installation of the Network driver and check if it works. Refer to the step below:

1. Open Windows* Device Manager:  

2. Double-click Network adapters to expand the section.

3. Right-click the Intel® Ethernet Connection (model) and select Properties.

4. Click the Driver tab.

5. Click Uninstall.

6. Check "Delete the driver software for this device" and click OK.

7. Press the Windows key + R, then type "%Temp%" (without the quotation marks) delete everything from that folder, then install the latest driver from the link below:

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25016/Intel-Network-Adapter-Driver-for-Windows-10?product=82186

Let us know if the above information helped to fix the issue.

Best regards,

Crisselle C

Intel Customer Support

Under Contract to Intel Corporation

0 Kudos
Caguicla_Intel

Hello JBend5,

We'd like to check if you were able to update the driver of the Ethernet connection? Kindly give us an update on this matter.

We would also like to inform you that this is an Ethernet controller that's embedded with ASUS system. For OEM on-board Ethernet controller, it would be best if you can get in touch with ASUS for further support since they have customized drivers and software to enable or alter features on your system. They are in best position where you can seek assistance so you don’t lose features or customization of the Ethernet controller. Please visit this link for Support Options for Intel® Ethernet Controllers:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000006628/network-and-i-o/ethernet-products.html

Best regards,

Crisselle C

Intel Customer Support

0 Kudos
Caguicla_Intel

Hello JBend5,

We would highly appreciate if you can give us an update on this matter. If you have additional questions and clarifications, please do not hesitate to ask.

Best regards,

Crisselle C

Intel Customer Support

0 Kudos
Caguicla_Intel

Hello JBend5,

Good day!

You might also want to try the following and check if it would make any difference on the issue you encountered:

1.) Disable Power Management from the adapter properties in Device Manager. Un-Check the "Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power"

2.) Modify the MSISupported parameter in the registry section of I219-V. The default value is "1", change it to "0". For more details, please refer to Mark Hanna's post in the community post below:

https://forums.intel.com/s/question/0D50P00004909waSAA/windows-8-with-intel-82566mm-network-card-is-not-usable

We hope the information above was of help to you.

Looking forward to hear an update from you.

Best regards,

Crisselle C

Intel Customer Support

0 Kudos
Caguicla_Intel

Hello JBend5,

We'd like to check if you were able to check the information that we provided. Please let us know if you have any other concerns or assistance needed on this matter.

Your prompt reply is highly appreciated.

Best regards,

Crisselle C

Intel Customer Support

0 Kudos