FPGA Intellectual Property
PCI Express*, Networking and Connectivity, Memory Interfaces, DSP IP, and Video IP
6355 Discussions

Double Pumping DSP units IP

xinh
Beginner

I am current inspecting different IPs in intels IP catalog and I want to implement double pumping DSP unit in my design. I didn't find similar IP in the IP catalog. Also I didn't find any Intel document mentioning double pumping of DSP units. I have following questions.

1. Is there an existing Double Pumping DSP IP in the IP catalog?

2. Does OpenCL has corresponding library function or pragmas that can infer the instantiation of Double Pumping DSP units?

3. If the Double Pumping DSP is not yet a accessible feature, is there a way that I integrate custom Double Pumping DSP RTL module into the OpenCL flow ( may involve an additional double frequency clock)?

Thank you.

0 Kudos
6 Replies
CheePin_C_Intel
Employee
Hi Xinheng, As I understand it, you have some inquiries related to implementing double pumping DSP. For your information, there is no specific double pumping DSP IP available. I have tried to search through the web and could not locate any specific info on the OpenCL library function on this as well. As a workaround, you might need to code this logic on your own. Sorry for the inconvenience.
0 Kudos
CheePin_C_Intel
Employee
Hi Xinheng, Regarding your inquiry #3, just would like to check with you if you are inquiring how to integrate your custom RTL codes ie in Verilog into the OpenCL flow? Thank you.
0 Kudos
xinh
Beginner

Hi.

Thank you for the reply.

Yes, If there is no available OpenCL library function and we can write our own double pumping DSP module, how should we integrate it into openCL flow.

Specifically, the double pumping module may have an additional double frequency clock other than the system clock to drive the double pump dsp. Would it also possible to introduce additional clock when we integrate the RTL module into openCL flow?

0 Kudos
CheePin_C_Intel
Employee
Hi Xinheng, Thanks for your update. Regarding your latest inquiry on integrating RTL module into OpenCL flow, I have had discussion with OpenCL team and they would like to recommend you to open a new Forum case on this so that they could further follow up with you from there. I have tried to duplicate a case from my side but seems like unable to do so. Would you mind to open a new case on the integrating RTL module into OpenCL flow and let me know the new case number so that I could help to expedite the routing. Sorry for the inconvenience. Please let me know if there is any concern. Thank you. Best regards, Chee Pin
0 Kudos
CheePin_C_Intel
Employee
Hi Xinheng, Just would like to follow up with you on the new case number so that I could help to expedite the routing. Thank you.
0 Kudos
tde_m
Novice
0 Kudos