Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7422 Diskussionen

Z390 desktop motherboard compatible with AX201? (CNVio vs. CNVio2)

TAffe1
Einsteiger
5.715Aufrufe

Hello,

are Z390 desktop motherboards with preinstalled 9560 WiFi module compatible with the newer AX-201 modules. The Z390 PCH uses the CNVio interface to connect 9560 WiFi M.2 module. The 9560 WiFi chip is specified with "CNVio". The AX-201 WiFi chip is specified with "CNVio2". So is it possible to use a AX-201 module on a Z390 motherboard? What is the difference between CNVio and CNVio2?

Regards

0 Kudos
5 Antworten
Oscar_A_Intel1
Mitarbeiter
3.594Aufrufe

Hello TAffe1,

Thank you for posting on the Intel Community.

• The Intel® Integrated Connectivity (CNVi) moves key elements of Wi-Fi and Bluetooth® Technology into Intel® processors.
  • CNVi, the integrated wireless IP portion of Intel processors.

These Intel® Wireless Adapters are CRF modules that support Intel® Integrated Connectivity:

• Intel® Wi-Fi 6 AX201
  • Intel® Wireless-AC 9560
  • Intel® Wireless-AC 9462
  • Intel® Wireless-AC 9461

These CRFs can only be used with select Intel processors/chipset on systems/motherboards that is specifically designed to support it.

If you would like to check compatibility, we recommend you to contact the Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) of the motherboard.

If you want to confirm this information, please go to the link below.

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000026155/network-and-i-o/wireless-networking.html

Hope this helps!

Oscar A.

Intel Customer Support Technician

Under Contract to Intel Corporation

Oscar_A_Intel1
Mitarbeiter
3.594Aufrufe

Hello TAffe1,

I'd like to know if you found useful the information provided.

Best regards,

Oscar A.

TAffe1
Einsteiger
3.594Aufrufe

I hoped for a simple answer to the question, whether Z390 is compatible to CNVio2 or only to CNVio modules. I don't think, that's a subject of the motherboard manufacturer.

Oscar_A_Intel1
Mitarbeiter
3.594Aufrufe

Hello TAffe1,

The motherboard manufacturer is the one that can confirm if those modules are compatible since they're in charge to install and integrate all the components to the board.

However, I can confirm that the Intel® Wi-Fi 6 AX201 supports The Intel® Integrated Connectivity (CNVio).

Best regards,

Oscar A.

Oscar_A_Intel1
Mitarbeiter
3.594Aufrufe

Hello TAffe1,

I will proceed to close this inquiry now. Please make a new post if you have any questions.

Best regards,

Oscar A.

Antworten