Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20493 Discussions

Adaptive Brightness Controls have DISAPPEARED after recent Windows 10 1903 Update

APols1
New Contributor I

Everything was fine after Windows 1903 update running 6890 driver BUT we got a update last week and the ability to change automatically "brightness" from battery to plugged in is GONE. It appears from what I understand that "Adaptive Brightness" is GONE.

This is what my machine is showing

MY power options.JPG

But according to Google search I should be able to TURN ON "Adaptive Brightness" BUT I don't have it.

adaptive brihhtness.JPG

Windows has NO idea when I go there, BUT according to search this seems to be a New Known Issue:

brightness issues.png

I tried rolling back driver, sometimes that fixes things, BUT it doesn't correct the issue.

Anyone have an idea on how to fix this and get back ability to dim brightness between battery and plugged in????

0 Kudos
4 Replies
AlHill
Super User

Your attachment says the MICROSOFT and Intel have identified the issue. So, you need to wait until it is dealt with. Until then, you will live.

Doc

0 Kudos
APols1
New Contributor I

True but as I said that's a Google search and a 3rd party website - not Intel or Microsoft.

Would like to hear it from Intel or Windows directly.

And Al please keep ur sarcasm to an extreme minimum. thxs. whether I can "live" or not is NOT the issue.

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

Are you posting this on Microsoft's forums? My bet is that it is their issue.

And, you will survive.

Doc

0 Kudos
APols1
New Contributor I
Yes and I do agree its Windows issue. Many times however – Intel comes up with an answer faster and better. Bye apppro
0 Kudos