FPGA, SoC, And CPLD Boards And Kits
FPGA Evaluation and Development Kits

CYCLONE 10 GX I/Os spec

Afari6
Beginner

Hi, I already use xilinx FPGA but it's my first time about INTEL FPGA and i need help.

I need to develop a camera with lvds I/Os @ 960MHz . I thinks that i will use Cyclone 10 Gx but i have somes problems with I/Os spec.

The lvds camera sensor spec are :

VDCM = 0.9v ; VOD between 0.1 and 0.2V.

I understand that i cannot use LVDS I/Os standard because in picture1 we can see that for Dmax>700mbps, VIMC(dc) need to be beetwen 1.0v et 1.85V. It's not the case (0.9v here).

So I suppose that i need to use RSDS (HIO) standard for this sensor.

When i check, spec of RSDS signal,we can read (picture 2) that RSDS output is max 360 Mbps but in table we can see max 1434 Mbps. I'm not understand.

In my case, i will not use RSDS output, only input with SERDES but i don't know if there somes limitations about this type of signal? the value of 360Mbps afraid me, i don't understand this value.

So my questions are :

-- If RSDS input can be use @ 960Mbps (SERDES factor J will be 10) ?

-- if SERDES will accept RSDS signal or only LVDS ?

-- Is it possible to use LVDS input with VCM = 0.9 and Dmax>700Mbps ?

Thanks

0 Kudos
7 Replies
YuanLi_S_Intel
Employee

Hi AA farid, 

Please find my response below:

-- If RSDS input can be use @ 960Mbps (SERDES factor J will be 10)?

Yes, it can be interfaced with LVDS input.

LVDS IP is working fine with RSDS.

Is risk to use with LVDS input to achieve DMAX > 700Mbps if the VCM is not higher to 1V.

Thank You.

Regards,

Yuan Li

0 Kudos
Afari6
Beginner

Hi SooYL,

Can you explain why in picture 2 we can read : "TRUE RSDS OUTPUT STANDARD WITH DATA RATE OF UP TO 360Mbps" and not 1434Mbps ?

Thanks.

Best regards.

0 Kudos
Afari6
Beginner

HI,

Is someone can respond to my questions?

Thanks

0 Kudos
YuanLi_S_Intel
Employee

Hi AA Farid,

Sorry for being late as I was checking with internal team. Please find my response below:

Please find my response below:

-- If RSDS input can be use @ 960Mbps (SERDES factor J will be 10)?

No, the maximum input is only 360Mbps.

LVDS IP is working fine with RSDS.

Is risk to use with LVDS input to achieve DMAX > 700Mbps if the VCM is not higher to 1V. However, you can try with IBIS and HSPICE simulation.

Thank You.

Regards,

YL

0 Kudos
Afari6
Beginner

Hi SooYL,

Thanks for the response. It's clear now that cyclone 10 GX cannot bE used with the sensor without performance degradation.

Can you confirm me that it's the same things with ARRIA 10?

In datasheet, i can see that for LVDS the limitation is the same (700Mbps) but i see nothings about RSDS limitations.

If problems is the same with ARRIA 10, do you have a component that can manipulate LVDS INPUT @ 960Mbps with VDCM = 0.9 and VOD between 0.1(min) and 0.2V(max). ?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
YuanLi_S_Intel
Employee

Hi AA farid,

Yes, it is the same with Arria 10.

Our devices has the similar specification for LVDS. I would suggest to run a simulation using IBIS or HSPICE to determine whether the LVDS input is capable to receive appropriate input signal.

Regards,

YL

0 Kudos
Afari6
Beginner

Hi SooYL,

thanks for your time, but INTEL product cannot be used with this sensor. We will use Xilinx FPGA.

Best Regards.

0 Kudos