Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ Toolkit
Community assistance about the Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ toolkit, OpenCV, and all aspects of computer vision-related on Intel® platforms.
6403 Discussions

can I use this for training of neural network with tensorflow ?

idata
Employee

Hi ,

I am new to AI/Machine learning. I just want to know that can I use this stick to train neural network.

0 Kudos
5 Replies
idata
Employee

Hi @bhadanisandip, thanks for your interest in the Neural Compute Stick. The NCS isn't designed for training neural networks, but rather to run a compiled version of an already trained network (and do so in a very power efficient way.). The NC Toolkit provides tools to compile and tune a network and the NC API provides a simple programming interface that enables a developer to write a program which can provide inference input to the NCS and get back inference results. Also at this time (release 1.07.06) only Caffe networks are supported.

For more information on the development workflow with the NCS you might want to check out this short video when you have time:

https://youtube.com/watch?v=4xud1T9DaFY

Neal

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Is support for Tensorflow planned / likely?

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi @farhanhubble

Thanks for asking about Tensorflow support. We plan to provide more information about possible roadmap features, such as Tensorflow, in the future. However, we aren't prepared to share that at the moment.

Thanks

Neal

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

any news on tensorflow support? If I understand correctly then tensorflow was supported with the first version of the NCS.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

@wouterd Rest assured that Tensorflow support for the NCS is something we are looking into.

0 Kudos