Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ Toolkit
Community assistance about the Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ toolkit, OpenCV, and all aspects of computer vision-related on Intel® platforms.

Recurrent Caffe Models

idata
Employee

Are recurrent models built and compiled with Caffe usable with the neural compute stick? Specifically, the Caffe LSTM layer, but RNNLayer would be great as well.

If there are restrictions on the Caffe API compatibility, can they be noted specifically? Thank you!

0 Kudos
2 Replies
idata
Employee

Hi @jrowe47, recurrent models aren't currently supported in the NC SDK but they may be at some point in the future. For more details regarding supported Caffe features you may want to take a look at the SDK release notes here:

https://ncsforum.movidius.com/discussion/94/movidius-nc-sdk-1-07-06#latest
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Thank you for the clarification. Is there a way to add persistence or recurrence without waiting on official development? My interest in the NC Stick is as a platform for research in streaming analytics. Recurrence is necessary to maintain stateful models, so this feature is make or break for me.

If there is a plan for open source community development, I'd love to jump in on helping to add the capability.

0 Kudos