Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ Toolkit
Community assistance about the Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ toolkit, OpenCV, and all aspects of computer vision-related on Intel® platforms.

Access to Movidius silicon

idata
Employee

Aside from the Neural Compute Stick, and aside from the likes of DJI and Google, are there actually any channels that exist for getting access to any MPU hardware?

Access to the MA2450 silicon, at all? (Hopefully not 1M MOQ.) Access to any development boards, reference designs, datasheets, etc?

Anything that isn't vaporware, anything that is tangible at all, for bespoke hardware integration?

I don't have a problem with NDAs, but I do have a problem with walled gardens that don't open unless you have a few billion dollars in turnover.

At the moment it looks like I'm leaning towards scrounging up the world's supply of Google AIY VisionBonnets, because it's the only thing available other than the NCS, and it's a bit more usable in my application context than the NCS.

The Google AIY Vision Bonnet is obviously very lightweight - aside from the MA2450, there's really just some basic glue and life support, power supplies and a couple of crystals, MIPI CSI interfaces to the Pi Camera and the Pi's CSI port and a lightweight Atmel microcontroller, I/Os,

It's still not ideally suited, though.
0 Kudos
0 Replies