Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ Toolkit
Community assistance about the Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ toolkit, OpenCV, and all aspects of computer vision-related on Intel® platforms.
6392 Discussions

mvncStatus:Timeout raised after processing few frames from video on raspberry pi

idata
Employee

Hey

Thanks for receent contribution of mobilenet-ssd on ncappzoo . I am able to process entire video using NCS on my ubuntu laptop. But while processing same video in Raspberry pi3 it gives exception after few 100 frames.

Traceback (most recent call last):

File "mobilenet.py", line 128, in worker

output,userobj = graph.GetResult()

File "/usr/local/lib/python3.5/dist-packages/mvnc/mvncapi.py", line 262, in GetResult

raise Exception(Status(status))

Exception: mvncStatus.TIMEOUT

Any hints?

0 Kudos
4 Replies
idata
Employee

Hi,

I am having the same issue with my RPI3 (python API) on a modified inception-v3 example that opens all available devices and runs an image on each of them in a round-robin fashion.

With 1 or 2 sticks connected, the code runs but will eventually time out on GetResult() after some time. With 3 sticks connected, the first call to GetResult() on any graph will always timeout.

I have not yet tested using the C API.

RPI3 (Linux raspberrypi 4.9.59-v7+ #1047 SMP Sun Oct 29 12:19:23 GMT 2017 armv7l GNU/Linux, Raspbian stretch)

Python 3.5.3

NCSDK 1.10.01
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

@georgievm_cms @Tome_at_Intel could you give us any hints about this issue?

I also have this issue on a x86 IOT platform with NCS.
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

It seems that the problem occurs on portable devices and boards but not on desktop machines which makes me to think of a power supply issue. Can you try to use a powered USB hub to connect NCS but not just integrated port on board. Also to remove as much as possible the load on USB by removing keyboards/mouses etc which may drive more power than usual. Let us know if this makes even little improvement in the situation. Thanks.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

@georgievm_cms , Thanks for your advice. After connecting NCS to host through a powered USB hub, timeout issue doesn't exist any more on my side. Maybe you can write this BKM somewhere to let more persons know.

0 Kudos