Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ Toolkit
Community assistance about the Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ toolkit, OpenCV, and all aspects of computer vision-related on Intel® platforms.

Installation Issue

idata
Employee

I am trying to install NCSDK on Ubuntu 16.04.3 LTS. But installation fails with the error message

"Updating udev rules…

Installation failed. Error on line 630"

Any help in this regard is appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

0 Kudos
6 Replies
idata
Employee

Had missed to mention in the earlier post. I am trying to install on Linux Subsystem in Windows. Through the other forums I found that there are some known issues with UDEV in Linux Subsystem in Windows and also the USB drive will not be detected.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi

I'm experiencing the same issue. I'm using Windows 10 PC with Docker, where pulled Ubuntu:1604, cloned the NCSDK from GIT and trying to MAKE INSTALL

Everything works well until to

Processing ./NCSDK/ncsdk-x86_64/api Installing collected packages: mvnc Found existing installation: mvnc 1.11.0.2 Uninstalling mvnc-1.11.0.2: Successfully uninstalled mvnc-1.11.0.2 Running setup.py install for mvnc: started Running setup.py install for mvnc: finished with status 'done' Successfully installed mvnc-1.11.0.2 You are using pip version 8.1.1, however version 9.0.1 is available. You should consider upgrading via the 'pip install --upgrade pip' command. Processing ./NCSDK/ncsdk-x86_64/api Installing collected packages: mvnc Found existing installation: mvnc 1.11.0.2 Uninstalling mvnc-1.11.0.2: Successfully uninstalled mvnc-1.11.0.2 Running setup.py install for mvnc: started Running setup.py install for mvnc: finished with status 'done' Successfully installed mvnc-1.11.0.2 NCS Libraries have been installed in /usr/local/lib NCS Toolkit binaries have been installed in /usr/local/bin NCS Include files have been installed in /usr/local/include NCS Python API has been installed in /opt/movidius, and PYTHONPATH environment variable updated Updating udev rules... Installation failed. Error on line 630

Any recommendations how to fix?

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Has anybody found a solution? I am also running the Ubuntu subsystem for windows and getting the same error

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

@jrwright121 The NCSDK was designed to run on Ubuntu 16.04 native and on VMs on Windows 10 so installing on Windows Linux subsystem will not work at the moment. However, there is an issue with the current NCSDK version 2.05 running on VMs that we are aware of.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi guys I am getting this error as well, when I run the command on line 630 I got no error, but when I am running by make I am getting this error to. My environment is a docker container running 16.04. Any updates?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

@DaniloRodrigo I assume you are running NCSDK 1.12? Can you try using NCSDK 2 if you are using non-vm Ubuntu with docker? You can get it by using wget https://ncs-forum-uploads.s3.amazonaws.com/ncsdk/ncsdk-02_05_00_02-full/ncsdk-2.05.00.02.tar.gz. Instructions on docker installation for NCSDK 2 are at: https://movidius.github.io/ncsdk/docker.html. Let me know if these instructions work for you. Thanks.

0 Kudos