Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ Toolkit
Community assistance about the Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ toolkit, OpenCV, and all aspects of computer vision-related on Intel® platforms.
6403 Discussions

Use non-square Inputs may cause numerical issues?

idata
Employee

Hi everyone!.

I have a model trained in Caffe that works perfectly on CPU, nevertheless, although the conversion to graph works correctly and I can run inference with no problems I always get very bad results at the output layer.

I use an input of dimensions (1x3x100x10) with kernels of (3x3). I am not sure if this could be the problem, I read in the documentation that only squared kernels could be used, but I didn't find information about the inputs.

I use a convolutional layer at the first step and when I compare both outputs (from my caffe model, and from the converted graph file) I find both very different.

Is this a bug or a not supported feature?.

PD: I tested other models (with square inputs, for example, yolo) and they all work fine.

Thanks for your answers!

0 Kudos
1 Reply
idata
Employee

@edgar_mg Thanks for reporting this. To answer your question, the NCSDK should support non-square input resolutions. Can you provide your prototxt and caffeweights model file for testing purposes? Thanks again.

0 Kudos