Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ Toolkit
Community assistance about the Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ toolkit, OpenCV, and all aspects of computer vision-related on Intel® platforms.
6404 Discussions

Error 5: Stage Details Not Supported: ResizeNearestNeighbor

idata
Employee

I have a model that resembles an autoencoder (convolution -> maxpool layers followed by convolution -> upsample layers). When I tried to compile it, I got the following error:

l03:~/workspace/movidius$ mvNCCompile ./frozen_v5_detector.pb -in input_map -on detection_output/Sigmoid -s12 -o ./movidius_v5_detector.graph

mvNCCompile v02.00, Copyright @ Movidius Ltd 2016

/usr/local/lib/python3.5/dist-packages/tensorflow/python/framework/ops.py:766: DeprecationWarning: builtin type EagerTensor has no module attribute

EagerTensor = c_api.TFE_Py_InitEagerTensor(_EagerTensorBase)

/usr/local/lib/python3.5/dist-packages/tensorflow/python/util/tf_inspect.py:45: DeprecationWarning: inspect.getargspec() is deprecated, use inspect.signature() instead

if d.decorator_argspec is not None), _inspect.getargspec(target))

[Error 5] Toolkit Error: Stage Details Not Supported: ResizeNearestNeighbor

It seems that the compiler does not support the upsampling layer which is implemented with TensorFlow ResizeNearestNeighbor. We had the same problem when trying to implement a similar model with TensorRT (the upsampling layer was not supported). However, TensorRT has an API for implementing unsupported layers and we were able to implement the model through the custom layer definition. First, am I reading this error correctly, and second, is there an upsampling layer or way to add custom layers that is supported by the NCS?

0 Kudos
4 Replies
idata
Employee

@bschulz We don't have an avenue for users to add support for their own implementation of layers/ops yet. You are correct in that the current NCSDK does not have support for the TensorFlow operation ResizeNearestNeighbor yet. We can't make any promises, but we have taken note of this issue and will take it into consideration for a future release.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Is there a release planned in the next month or so that might have it implemented or are there Resize layer types that are supported that I could adjust my network to?

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

@bschulz I apologize, but I can't say if there is a planned release in the next month that will have it implemented and I'm not sure what resizing operations you can use to replace ResizeNearestNeighbor() at the moment.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

@bschulz Can you provide a link to this network?

0 Kudos