Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ Toolkit
Community assistance about the Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ toolkit, OpenCV, and all aspects of computer vision-related on Intel® platforms.

MobileNet_v2 Support for NCS

idata
Employee

Any plan to support Tensorflow MobileNet_V2 for NCS ???

0 Kudos
6 Replies
idata
Employee

@rado_rado Thank you for bringing this up. We don't have any plans to support this network yet, but we value each and every one of your requests. Let's open up a poll and ask how many users would like to see support for this network.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

I think it's already supported @rado_rado , I can successfully run MobileNet V2 for the models here: https://github.com/tensorflow/models/blob/master/research/slim/nets/mobilenet/README.md

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi @csarron .

I was trying to compile graph from MobileNet V2. To do that I've modified Make file from V1 for V2 and getting following error on Freezing model step: "Unable to read file (mobilenet_v2_1.0_224.ckpt.index). Perhaps the file is corrupt or was produced by a newer version of TensorFlow with format changes (failed to seek to header entry): corrupted compressed block contents".

File mobilenet_v2_1.0_224.ckpt.index is present in the model

Looks like you did not have this issue. Could you please post your Make file.

Thank you in advance

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Found the issue: mobilenet_v2 index files created with compression. At the same time installed tensorflow 1.4 does not support compressed headers.

Upgrade to tf 1.5 resolved the issue.
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

@vgor even I had this compression related issue. Did you upgrade to tf1.5 using pip or you compiled it from sources ???

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

@rado_rado - I've used pip for upgrade

0 Kudos