Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ Toolkit
Community assistance about the Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ toolkit, OpenCV, and all aspects of computer vision-related on Intel® platforms.

Anyone get the NCSDK loaded on a TX2?

idata
Employee

It failed for me trying to get something. The TX2 runs 16.04 Unbuntu

So I was wondering if anyone succeeded at this.
0 Kudos
10 Replies
idata
Employee

@chicagobob123 What error are you seeing? Can you try installing API only mode and see if that works? You won't have access to the toolkit (checking, profiling, compiling) but you may be able to run your apps using API only mode. Please visit https://movidius.github.io/blog/ncs-apps-on-rpi/ and follow steps 2 - 4.

API only mode would mean that you will have to compile your graph files on another machine and move them over.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

I will try to get to this tonight. I am reinstalling the OS from scratch to the put the latest realsense stuff for the D435 on to the TX2.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

TX1 is all right.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

what version of jetpack are you using?

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

L4T 28.2

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Be curious of the steps you took. Did you do a standard install? That did not work for me.

I must admit I have not gotten back to this. I was trying to get the Intel D423 camera to work

which is pretty involved as well. I want to get both of these up and running on the same box.
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

It's creating problem for me to install required tensorflow version, I have tensorflow 1.8.0 GPU version anyway. Please help to get rid of it.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

There is no approved way of doing this. There's a youtube video on making it work which includes rebuilding the kernel. You would be better off buying a wintel board like the one from lattepanda.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Thanks @chicagobob123 , However I have managed to install to the ncsdk on tx2. But while compiling the examples of example/tensorflow/inception_v3, I am getting error OSError: ./libmvnc.so: wrong ELF class: ELFCLASS32. I have shared the error in more detail in link below.

https://pastebin.com/fZcky73q

Any suggestion will be appreciated.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

As mentioned in the prerequisites for basic installation, ncsdk supports x86-64 with Ubuntu (64 bit) 16.04 Desktop and Raspberry Pi 3. By this, I want to point out that both the architectures are 64 bit. But above I mention error OSError: ./libmvnc.so: wrong ELF class: ELFCLASS32, which is because of library is compiled for 32 bit systems. How is this possible to get this error? If I am getting this error anyway, how I can fix this.

I am missing something or making bad logic, please let me know.

0 Kudos