Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ Toolkit
Community assistance about the Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ toolkit, OpenCV, and all aspects of computer vision-related on Intel® platforms.

NCSDK Compilation Error with NCS2

idata
Employee

Hello, I am trying to use the NCS2 with a Raspberry Pi 3B v1.2 running Raspbian Stretch. My goal is to run some version of YOLO via a webcam on the pi. I have already installed openVINO using the official instructions assisted by Richard Jelbert's script he posts in this thread.

I am now following the official instructions to install the NCSDK on a Pi. When I run "make install" I reliably get the following error:

[ 4%] Building CXX object src/caffe/CMakeFiles/caffe.dir/solvers/adagrad_solver.cpp.o /opt/movidius/ssd-caffe/src/caffe/layers/window_data_layer.cpp: In member function ‘virtual void caffe::WindowDataLayer<Dtype>::load_batch(caffe::Batch<Dtype>*)’: /opt/movidius/ssd-caffe/src/caffe/layers/window_data_layer.cpp:293:42: error: ‘CV_LOAD_IMAGE_COLOR’ was not declared in this scope cv_img = cv::imread(image.first, CV_LOAD_IMAGE_COLOR); ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ /opt/movidius/ssd-caffe/src/caffe/layers/video_data_layer.cpp: In member function ‘virtual void caffe::VideoDataLayer<Dtype>::DataLayerSetUp(const std::vector<caffe::Blob<Dtype>*>&, const std::vector<caffe::Blob<Dtype>*>&)’: /opt/movidius/ssd-caffe/src/caffe/layers/video_data_layer.cpp:55:30: error: ‘CV_CAP_PROP_FRAME_COUNT’ was not declared in this scope total_frames_ = cap_.get(CV_CAP_PROP_FRAME_COUNT); ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ /opt/movidius/ssd-caffe/src/caffe/layers/video_data_layer.cpp:60:14: error: ‘CV_CAP_PROP_POS_FRAMES’ was not declared in this scope cap_.set(CV_CAP_PROP_POS_FRAMES, 0); ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ src/caffe/CMakeFiles/caffe.dir/build.make:2126: recipe for target 'src/caffe/CMakeFiles/caffe.dir/layers/window_data_layer.cpp.o' failed make[3]: *** [src/caffe/CMakeFiles/caffe.dir/layers/window_data_layer.cpp.o] Error 1 make[3]: *** Waiting for unfinished jobs.... src/caffe/CMakeFiles/caffe.dir/build.make:2102: recipe for target 'src/caffe/CMakeFiles/caffe.dir/layers/video_data_layer.cpp.o' failed make[3]: *** [src/caffe/CMakeFiles/caffe.dir/layers/video_data_layer.cpp.o] Error 1 make[3]: Leaving directory '/opt/movidius/ssd-caffe/build' CMakeFiles/Makefile2:272: recipe for target 'src/caffe/CMakeFiles/caffe.dir/all' failed make[2]: *** [src/caffe/CMakeFiles/caffe.dir/all] Error 2 make[2]: Leaving directory '/opt/movidius/ssd-caffe/build' Makefile:127: recipe for target 'all' failed make[1]: *** [all] Error 2 make[1]: Leaving directory '/opt/movidius/ssd-caffe/build' Installation failed. Error on line 673 Makefile:47: recipe for target 'install' failed make: *** [install] Error 1

Googling the error has proved unfruitful. Steven using a different SBC got a similar error but it was unresolved. Not sure where to go from here.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
idata
Employee

Hi @tkeady5

The OpenVINO toolkit is the official SDK for the Intel Neural Compute Stick 2. The Neural Compute SDK (NCSDK) only supports the original Neural Compute Stick.

Is there a reason why you want to Install the OpenVINO toolkit and NCSDK on the same system?

Regards,

Jesus
0 Kudos