Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ Toolkit
Community assistance about the Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ toolkit, OpenCV, and all aspects of computer vision-related on Intel® platforms.
6392 Discussions

Unable to run Image Classification Examples

idata
Employee

Hi,

I have followed the installation steps for NCS 2. When trying to run classification example (step 4), I get the following error:

Run Inference Engine classification sample

Run ./classification_sample -d MYRIAD -i /intel/computer_vision_sdk_2018.4.420/deployment_tools/demo/../demo/car.png -m /home/sudheer/openvino_models/ir/squeezenet1.1/FP16/squeezenet1.1.xml

[ INFO ] InferenceEngine:

API version ………… 1.4

Build ……………… 17328

[ INFO ] Parsing input parameters

[ INFO ] Files were added: 1

[ INFO ] /intel/computer_vision_sdk_2018.4.420/deployment_tools/demo/../demo/car.png

[ INFO ] Loading plugin

API version ............ 1.4 Build .................. 17328 Description ....... myriadPlugin

[ INFO ] Loading network files:

/home/sudheer/openvino_models/ir/squeezenet1.1/FP16/squeezenet1.1.xml

/home/sudheer/openvino_models/ir/squeezenet1.1/FP16/squeezenet1.1.bin

[ INFO ] Preparing input blobs

[BMP] file is not bmp type

[ WARNING ] Image /intel/computer_vision_sdk_2018.4.420/deployment_tools/demo/../demo/car.png cannot be read!

[ ERROR ] Valid input images were not found!

Error on or near line 215; exiting with status 1

Note: I tried with the below

1. product to download : Intel Distribution of OpenVino toolkit for Linux

3. version : 2018 R4

5. Customizable package & Full Package

7. tried with the both packages getting same issue

The image is in the folder so I don't know why it fails. I would appreciate if anyone could provide any suggestion to solve this issue.

Thank you,

Sudheer
0 Kudos
10 Replies
idata
Employee

Hi @sudheer ,

Thanks for reaching out. Looking at the executed command I can see that there could be a typo in the path to the .png file: you have /intel/computer_vision_sdk_2018.4.420/deployment_tools/demo/../demo/car.png instead of **/opt**/intel/computer_vision_sdk_2018.4.420/deployment_tools/demo/../demo/car.png. Please give it a try and let me know if the problem persists.

Regards,

@Luis_at_Intel
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi @Luis_at_Intel,

I have setup installed all the things in my customizable location not in the /opt directory

I setup the environment for OpenVINO in the below.

[setupvars.sh] OpenVINO environment initialized

sudheer@sudheer:/intel/computer_vision_sdk_2018.4.420/deployment_tools/demo$

I believe it will fetch from the above location where i saved from the first time location.

Any how, I tried your approach also and getting the same issue

Run Inference Engine classification sample

Run ./classification_sample -d MYRIAD -i /opt/intel/computer_vision_sdk_2018.4.420/deployment_tools/demo/../demo/car.png -m /home/sudheer/openvino_models/ir/squeezenet1.1/FP16/squeezenet1.1.xml

[ INFO ] InferenceEngine:

API version ………… 1.4

Build ……………… 17328

[ INFO ] Parsing input parameters

[ INFO ] Files were added: 1

[ INFO ] /opt/intel/computer_vision_sdk_2018.4.420/deployment_tools/demo/../demo/car.png

[ INFO ] Loading plugin

API version ………… 1.4

Build ……………… 17328

Description ……. myriadPlugin

[ INFO ] Loading network files:

/home/sudheer/openvino_models/ir/squeezenet1.1/FP16/squeezenet1.1.xml

/home/sudheer/openvino_models/ir/squeezenet1.1/FP16/squeezenet1.1.bin

[ INFO ] Preparing input blobs

[ WARNING ] Image/opt/intel/computer_vision_sdk_2018.4.420/deployment_tools/demo/../demo/car.png cannot be read!

[ ERROR ] Valid input images were not found!

Error on or near line 215; exiting with status 1

Any suggestion?

Thanks

Sudheer
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi @sudheer ,

I have tested both the latest OpenVINO toolkit release (R5.0.1) and also R4 with an Ubuntu host machine. For me both versions run as expected and I have them installed on the default location /opt/intel/computer-vision-sdk, could you print the working directory where the car.png file is located? Also please let me know the path of your installation so I can attempt to install it and reproduce, I am curious if the problem is related to the install path or where the .png file is located. Also what is your Host OS? Fresh install of Ubuntu or CentOS ? Are you running on a VM? Please let me know so we can help you resolve this issue.

@Luis_at_Intel
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi @Luis_at_Intel,

I am Using MacBook Pro(Mac OS high Sierra,10.13.6)

I am confirming set up the filters https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1191sKj8L29RGgTbEK4azMQuQNRJeD8WV?usp=sharing

Followed windows setup using the link https://software.intel.com/en-us/articles/OpenVINO-Install-Windows with optional steps also I did.(https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1191sKj8L29RGgTbEK4azMQuQNRJeD8WV?usp=sharing)

Followed linux setup using the link https://software.intel.com/en-us/articles/OpenVINO-Install-Linux with optional steps also I did.(https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1191sKj8L29RGgTbEK4azMQuQNRJeD8WV?usp=sharing)

I am using the below spec:

Virtual Box : VirtualBox-6.0.4-128413-OSX.dmg

Virtual Box Extension Pack : Oracle_VM_VirtualBox_Extension_Pack-6.0.4.vbox-extpack

windows ISO: Win10_1809Oct_English_x64.iso from Microsoft official website(https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10ISO)

Ubuntu ISO : ubuntu-16.04.5-desktop-amd64.iso

Movidius INF & HDDL Bus INF also successfully done.

when I was running the command "./demo_security_barrier_camera.sh" under /opt/intel/computer_version_sdk_2018.5.445/deployment_tool/demo/ getting the inference output correctly. Note: with/without connecting of Neural compute stick2 i am getting this. But, when i give the command like "./demo_security_barrier_camera.sh -d MYRIAD"

I am getting the issue like "cannot init USB device NC_DEVICE_NOT_FOUND"

In Windows, I am running "demo_security_barrier_camera.bat -d MYRIAD" I am getting the issue "cannot init USB device NC_DEVICE_NOT_FOUND"

From Both Windows & Linux Machines, I am getting the same issue.

Please see the drive images you may get better clarity. Please do the needful to solve this issue with the virtual boxes.

Thanks

Sudheer
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi @sudheer ,

Thanks for the information, I tested on a MacBook Pro (Mid 2012, MacOS High Sierra v10.13.6) and it took me a few tries to get the NCS2 detected by the VM (I was getting the same error message as you).

I used VirtualBox6.0.4 r128413 with Extension Pack 6.0.4r128413, I have Ubuntu 16.04 running as the VM and I installed OpenVINO Toolkit R5.0.1. Below are the filters that I have used and it seems to work for both NCS and NCS2.

Enable USB Controller [X]

USB 3.0 (xHCI) Controller [X]

USB Device Filters:

1. Name: 03e7

Vendor ID: 03e7

3. Name: 040e

Vendor ID: 040e

I am going to try it on a Windows 10 VM, please give it a try to the suggestions above for your Ubuntu VM and let me know your results.

Regards,

@Luis_at_Intel

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi @sudheer ,

[UPDATE]

I have tried OpenVINO Toolkit R5.0.1 also on a Windows 10 VM and I encountered a similar behavior as you (aka NC_DEVICE_NOT_FOUND error), even with the driver installed it still didn't work for me. But after adding the same filters as I mentioned for the Ubuntu 16.04 VM (comment above), both demos (_demo_security_barrier_camera.bat_ and _demo_squeezenet_download_convert_run.bat_) run just fine. The NCS2 plugin is detected and the program executes as expected. Please try to add those filters to the Windows 10 VM and let me know your results, hope this helps resolve your issue!

Regards,

@Luis_at_Intel
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

@Luis_at_Intel ,

Thanks, Luis, It's worked for me for both the windows and ubuntu.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

@Luis_at_Intel ,

what is the steps i can follow to run tensorflow object detection SSD mobilenet model on NCS2?

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

@sudheer ,

I am glad our suggestions helped resolve your problem. As far as your other question, I'd suggest to open a new thread and we will answer there, but for now you can take a look at the pre-trained models here https://software.intel.com/en-us/openvino-toolkit/documentation/pretrained-models and see if you find what you are looking for.

Regards,

@Luis_at_Intel
0 Kudos
TKell13
Beginner

Your error path says that you are not loading a bmp file. That could be the problem.

My question is this: do all the file sizes have to be the same? The demo has a file that is a weird size, so it will be tough finding other files to compare this too.

0 Kudos