Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ Toolkit
Community assistance about the Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ toolkit, OpenCV, and all aspects of computer vision-related on Intel® platforms.
6403 Discussions

Error running object_detection_ssd_async, object detection using intel neural stick2 and open vino

idata
Employee

Hi , I am following the tutorial for object detection using intel neural stick and open vino https://towardsdatascience.com/speed-up-predictions-on-low-power-devices-using-neural-compute-stick-and-openvino-98f3ae9dcf41

I have created the .xml and .bin files, when i run the code

python3 object_detection_demo_ssd_async.py \ -m ~/Downloads/frozen_inference_graph.xml \ -i cam \ -pt 0.6 \ -l ~/inference_engine_samples/intel64/Release/lib/libcpu_extension.so

I get the following error

File "object_detection_demo_ssd_async.py" , line 77 in main exec_net = plugin.load(network=net,num_requests= 2) File "ie_api.pyx, line 389 , in openvino.infernce_engine.ie_api.IEPlugin.load File "ie_api.pyx, line 400 , in openvino.infernce_engine.ie_api.IEPlugin.load RuntimeError : The plugin does not support FP16

What should i do to solve this error?

i followed the previous steps correctly just stuck at this last step
0 Kudos
1 Reply
idata
Employee

Hi @Osama1995

This issue was discussed on a thread here . Please let me know if this information was helpful.

Best Regards,

Sahira
0 Kudos