Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ Toolkit
Community assistance about the Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ toolkit, OpenCV, and all aspects of computer vision-related on Intel® platforms.

"Installation failed. Error on line 673"

idata
Employee

I am trying to install NCSDK on my desktop

• Ubuntu 16.04
  •  

• Latest ncsdk2 version (cloned using git clone -b ncsdk2 http://github.com/Movidius/ncsdk)
  •  

Executing sudo make install in cloned ncsdk directory fails. Here's a printout of the error messages:

src/caffe/CMakeFiles/caffe.dir/build.make:158: recipe for target 'src/caffe/CMakeFiles/caffe.dir/data_transformer.cpp.o' failed make[3]: *** [src/caffe/CMakeFiles/caffe.dir/data_transformer.cpp.o] Error 1 make[3]: Leaving directory '/opt/movidius/ssd-caffe/build' CMakeFiles/Makefile2:272: recipe for target 'src/caffe/CMakeFiles/caffe.dir/all' failed make[2]: *** [src/caffe/CMakeFiles/caffe.dir/all] Error 2 make[2]: Leaving directory '/opt/movidius/ssd-caffe/build' Makefile:127: recipe for target 'all' failed make[1]: *** [all] Error 2 make[1]: Leaving directory '/opt/movidius/ssd-caffe/build' Installation failed. Error on line 673 Makefile:47: recipe for target 'install' failed make: *** [install] Error 1

Looking at line 673 of ncsdk/install.sh

eval make -j $MAKE_NJOBS all $STDOUT_QUIET

It appears that there is an issue with compiling caffe. The comments on lines 665-668 of install.sh describe one potential cause as being a previously compiled older version of opencv.

Has anyone gotten around this issue yet?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
idata
Employee

Hi @aoifemcdonagh

Yes, looks like there may be an issue with the dependencies for Caffe. If you're installing on a fresh Ubuntu install, first run

sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get upgrade

Check the installation logs to see if you have OpenCV version 4.0.1 already installed. If V4.0.1 is already installed on your computer, it causes the NCSDK installation to fail. Try the following steps:

1. Uninstall OpenCV v4.0.1

3. make uninstall && make clean (ncsdk directory)

5. make install

7. Re-install OpenCV v4.0.1 (but the NCSDK install includes a script to install OpenCV v3.3.0 already. V4.0.1 has not been tested)

Best Regards,

Sahira
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

@Sahira_at_Intel Thanks for your help, I have it installed now.

I installed OpenVINO before attempting to install NCSDK. This process installed OpenCV v4.0.1-openvino which caused the NCSDK install to fail.

To fix the problem I:

• Removed the line in ~/.bashrc to setup the environment variables for OpenCV (an instruction in OpenVINO install https://software.intel.com/en-us/articles/OpenVINO-Install-Linux )

source /opt/intel/openvino/bin/setupvars.sh
  •  

• Opened a new shell (executing source ~/.bashrc won't un-initialise these environment variables)
  •  

• make uninstall && make clean (ncsdk directory)
  •  

• make install
  •  

I didn't need to uninstall and re-install OpenCV v4.0.1. cv2 (4.0.1-openvino) and mvnc packages both import successfully into python3 after these steps.

Is the correct order to install NCSDK before OpenVINO?

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi @aoifemcdonagh

Happy to hear the installation worked for you. Since you didn't permanently set the environment variables during the OpenVINO installation, I think your NCSDK installation should work fine.

Best Regards,

Sahira
0 Kudos