Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ Toolkit
Community assistance about the Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ toolkit, OpenCV, and all aspects of computer vision-related on Intel® platforms.
6392 Discussions

device.open() Exception: Status.INVALID_HANDLE

idata
Employee

Hi,

I installed the NCAPI v2 and I am modifing my software made for NCAPI v1 for running with the new Movidius stick.

I correcly recognize the device but when I try to open it an error appear.

devices = mvnc.enumerate_devices()

device = mvnc.Device(devices[0])

device.open()

and at this level compare an exception (raise Exception(Status(status)))

Where could be the problem ? I am using a NUC.

Best

Fabio
0 Kudos
3 Replies
idata
Employee

Hi @norbaf

The Neural Compute SDK does not support the Intel Neural Compute Stick 2, you will need to use the OpenVINO toolkit. Take a look at the following guide for transitioning from the NCSDK to the OpenVINO toolkit.

https://software.intel.com/en-us/articles/transitioning-from-intel-movidius-neural-compute-sdk-to-openvino-toolkit

Regards,

Jesus
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi Jesus,

thanks for your answer. Is a mistake using "NCAPI v2" for the stick "Neural Compute Stick 2" ?

Because for what I have understand reading on the web about the Movidius stick, for the new one you need to use the new API version with few modification in the code from v1 to v2. Why this is not possible ? I would like to do the smallest change are possible to migration from "Neural Compute Stick 1" to "Neural Compute Stick 2"

Best

norbaf
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi @norbaf

The NCSDK v1 and V2 only have support for the original Intel Movidius Neural Compute Stick 2. Could you share the link to the documentation that was misleading?

Take a look at the following guide to help you transition from the Neural Compute SDK to the OpenVINO toolkit.

https://software.intel.com/en-us/articles/transitioning-from-intel-movidius-neural-compute-sdk-to-openvino-toolkit

Regards,

Jesus
0 Kudos