Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ Toolkit
Community assistance about the Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ toolkit, OpenCV, and all aspects of computer vision-related on Intel® platforms.
6392 Discussions

[Raspi] : ncDeviceOpen:527 ncDeviceOpen() XLinkBootRemote returned error 3

idata
Employee

I have a raspi over which I am using Intel compute stick and planning to NCSDK.

Following are system info

root@raspberrypi:~# lsb_release -a No LSB modules are available. Distributor ID: Raspbian Description: Raspbian GNU/Linux 9.8 (stretch) Release: 9.8 Codename: stretch

NCSDK version

pi@raspberrypi:~/work/intel_ncsdk_installation/ncsdk $ cat version.txt 2.10.01.01

installation over raspi was done using pi@raspberrypi:~/work/intel_ncsdk_installation/ncsdk $ make api it completed successfully.

Now the problem

root@raspberrypi:~# python Python 3.5.3 (default, Sep 27 2018, 17:25:39) [GCC 6.3.0 20170516] on linux Type "help", "copyright", "credits" or "license" for more information. >>> from mvnc import mvncapi >>> devicelist = mvncapi.enumerate_devices() >>> devicelist [c_void_p(29199296)] >>> device = mvncapi.Device(devicelist[0]) >>> device.get_option(mvncapi.DeviceOption.RO_DEVICE_NAME) '1.2-ma2480' >>> device.get_option(mvncapi.DeviceOption.RO_DEBUG_INFO) E: [ 0] ncDeviceGetOption:2101 This device hasn\'t been openned Traceback (most recent call last): File "<stdin>", line 1, in <module> File "/usr/local/lib/python3.5/dist-packages/mvnc/mvncapi.py", line 556, in get_option raise Exception(Status(status)) Exception: Status.UNAUTHORIZED >>> >>> # Now trying to open device # >>> >>> device.open() W: [ 0] ncDeviceOpen:527 ncDeviceOpen() XLinkBootRemote returned error 3 Traceback (most recent call last): File "<stdin>", line 1, in <module> File "/usr/local/lib/python3.5/dist-packages/mvnc/mvncapi.py", line 446, in open raise Exception(Status(status)) Exception: Status.ERROR >>> >>> # Now trying to change global log level to DEBUG >>> >>> mvncapi.global_get_option(mvncapi.GlobalOption.RW_LOG_LEVEL) 2 >>> mvncapi.global_set_option(mvncapi.GlobalOption.RW_LOG_LEVEL,0) >>> mvncapi.global_get_option(mvncapi.GlobalOption.RW_LOG_LEVEL) 0 >>> >>> # Trying to open device again >>> >>> device.open() \D: [ 0] ncDeviceOpen:523 File path /usr/local/lib/mvnc/MvNCAPI-ma2480.mvcmd W: [ 0] ncDeviceOpen:527 ncDeviceOpen() XLinkBootRemote returned error 3 Traceback (most recent call last): File "<stdin>", line 1, in <module> File "/usr/local/lib/python3.5/dist-packages/mvnc/mvncapi.py", line 446, in open raise Exception(Status(status)) Exception: Status.ERROR

As we can see that the devicename returned was 1.2-ma2480, I tried to check if the file /usr/local/lib/mvnc/MvNCAPI-ma2480.mvcmd exist or not?

root@raspberrypi:~# ls -l /usr/local/lib/mvnc/ total 1060 -rw-r--r-- 1 root staff 1084556 May 16 09:01 MvNCAPI-ma2450.mvcmd

There is no file for ma2480. I tried copy MvNCAPI-ma2450.mvcmd as MvNCAPI-ma2480.mvcmd, which I know is not the best way, but just to try it.

After doing above, (copying it with a different filename), I tried to open device on python again

root@raspberrypi:~# cp /usr/local/lib/mvnc/MvNCAPI-ma2450.mvcmd /usr/local/lib/mvnc/MvNCAPI-ma2480.mvcmd root@raspberrypi:~# ls -l /usr/local/lib/mvnc/ total 2120 -rw-r--r-- 1 root staff 1084556 May 16 09:01 MvNCAPI-ma2450.mvcmd -rw-r--r-- 1 root staff 1084556 May 16 10:14 MvNCAPI-ma2480.mvcmd

>>> device.open() \D: [ 0] ncDeviceOpen:523 File path /usr/local/lib/mvnc/MvNCAPI-ma2480.mvcmd W: [ 0] ncDeviceOpen:527 ncDeviceOpen() XLinkBootRemote returned error 3 Traceback (most recent call last): File "<stdin>", line 1, in <module> File "/usr/local/lib/python3.5/dist-packages/mvnc/mvncapi.py", line 446, in open raise Exception(Status(status)) Exception: Status.ERROR >>> # This time it waited at MvNCAPI-ma2480.mvcmd line for sometime, but again the error

Can someone assist in this regard? My objective is measure NCS's temperature so that I could throttle my prediction calls when the temperature rises beyond a certain level.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
idata
Employee

Hi @anugraha.sinha

Thanks for reaching out! Some questions for you:

1. Are you using the NCS1 or NCS2? I'm not able to tell by the error messages, but sometimes you can get that error if your're using an NCS2 with the NCSDK (NCSDK is not compatible on the NCS2)

3. Did you run the hello_ncs_py sample code after installation? If so, was it able to open and close the device? (did you follow these instructions to install the NCSDK?)

5. Are you using a powered USB hub or is your NCS plugged directly into your Raspberry Pi?

Sincerely,

Sahira
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

@Sahira_at_Intel

Thanks for the reply.

I am using NCS2 and based on your message, I can understand that NCSDK is not compatible with NCS2.

Could you share a plan as to when NCSDK will be compatible with NCS2?

Regards

Anugraha
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi @anugraha.sinha

The software kit that is compatible with the NCS2 is OpenVINO. Here is the installation page for OpenVINO on Raspbian. Please let me know if you have any more questions!

Sincerely,

Sahira
0 Kudos