Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7368 Discussions

AC9570 bluetooth "Driver power state error" Blue Screen Of Death

ECesa1
Beginner

i got my first BSOD in my 1 year old build.

My SPECS are:

-H370 Aorus Gaming 3 wifi (BIOS F11)

-Intel core i5 8600k

-Cooler Noctua NH-U12S (2 NF-F12 fans)

-GPU GTX 1050 Ti Zotac ZT-P10510A-10L (drivers updated)

-SSD Crucial MX500 250 GB

-HD Western Digital Blue 2TB

-HD Western Digital Red 3TB

-PSU Seasonic focus+ gold 650

-case: cooler master N300

-fans: 140 noctua front intake, 120 noctua back exhaust and 120 cooler master top exhaust

-Win 10 pro 1809

My temps are fine: 35°-40°C idle and 60°C load, and it's a hot summer. No relevant problems apart GPU driver related to windows 10 that caused blacks screen with 1903 win 10 build.

My mobo is equipped with Intel AC9560 wi-fi/bluetooth adapter: it works pretty fine even if most of warning and error (non critical) in event viewer are related to it. Today i was trying to pair my phone (Samsung J3 2017) with my PC: it's been my first attempt after my clean WIN10 1809 install and android OREO update (in the previous phone-PC setting pairing gave me any issue):

windows found my device and showed connected but my phone wasn't paired (as i could see from the phone), no way to communicate between phone and PC. So i tried to reboot my phone and no success; tried to disconnect phone from PC settings and Windows settings panel freezed (but the PC worked) so i tried to reboot PC and after rebooting logo the system didn't restart and i had to force it by reset button. The system restarted and i found no error in event viewer i tried again to pair PC and phone: the same thing (win said connected but not the phone) but this time after few minutes i get BSOD "driver power state error" and stuck at 0% for several minutes. I had to force restart by reset button again: unfortunately windows didn't save dmp file so i can't debug BSOD. Since my driver were taken from intel site ( 20.110 for wifi and 21.10.1 latest for BT) and not from gigabyte manufacturer, i rolled back to latest available gigabyte driver for BT (20.100 from motherboard site) but didn't try to pair again my device: i don't really need it.

My question: BSOD (in my case the first) it's always a bad experience and you immediately think of some hardware problem.. So i'm little scared: do you think my BSOD could be related just to Bluetooth driver problem? Unfortunately i didn't get dmp file and looking around i didn't find any issue in similar build setting.

Anyway after this event my PC is still working fine and no further error or issue.20190705_052812.jpg

Sorry for the language, I'm from Italy.

Thank you very much

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Abigail_G_Intel
Employee

Hello ECesa1,

Thank you for posting on the Intel communities.

I was not able to find the wireless adapter that you mentioned in our database, so in order to have more details about the product and drivers installed I would like you to run the following report:

1. Click the menu where it says summary to change to Detailed View. 
  2. To save your scan, click Next and click Save. You can save the file to any accessible location on your computer. 
  3. Please attach the document to the next post. 

Best Regards, 

Abigail G 

Intel Customer Support Technician

Under Contract to Intel Corporation. 

0 Kudos
ECesa1
Beginner

Thank you,

here's the document with my specifications.

0 Kudos
Abigail_G_Intel
Employee

Hello ECesa1,

Thank you for the response and the information provided.

Regarding your question on the first post, this Blue Screen of Death Error happens if drivers do not handle power state transition requests properly, usually during one of the following procedures: shut down, suspending or resuming from standby, suspending or resuming from hibernation or it occurs due to compatibility failures with the device's controllers.

You can check some additional information on the following link provided by Microsoft*:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-hardware/drivers/debugger/bug-check-0x9f--driver-power-state-failure

I was able to check the Intel® System Support Utility report and I noticed that the wireless adapter and Bluetooth are working properly and the drivers as well. Actually, I found no errors in the entire report. So based on this information, I would no worry about any hardware failure.

The troubleshooting that you have performed was the necessary and correct troubleshooting to solve the issue. We always recommend using the OEM (Original Equipment Manufacturer) drivers since they are customized to have the best performance with your system hardware/software specifications.

Please let me know if this clarifies your questions.

Best Regards, 

Abigail G 

0 Kudos
Abigail_G_Intel
Employee

Hello ECesa1,

I would like to know if you need further assistance or if all your questions have been answered.

Best Regards, 

Abigail G 

0 Kudos
ECesa1
Beginner
Thank you very much for your time, my system is working fine now: as electronic engineer, i think it is very difficult matching OS and drivers when you are sorrunded by a sea of circuits, especially about fresh technologies. Thank you again Il Ven 12 Lug 2019, 23:51 Intel Forums <supportreplies@intel.com> ha scritto:
0 Kudos
Abigail_G_Intel
Employee

Hello ECesa1,

Thank you for the response.

That's all right, we need to make sure about the compatibility within computer-OS-external devices-drivers before doing any installation because all of them will have different specifications and features, and will help themselves to co-exist and work together.

Since your inquiries have been solved I will close this inquiry now. If you need further assistance, please post a new question.

Best Regards, 

Abigail G 

0 Kudos