Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)
16556 Discussions

Does Quartus Pro edition entitlement also include access to Prime?

WWals
Beginner

Reason for the question, is purchased Pro edition for A10 support but need to also implement Cyclone V designs;   I would assume Pro would give me access to all the features of Prime, to include all legacy devices?​

0 Kudos
1 Solution
sstrell
Honored Contributor III

I think you mean "Standard" instead of "Prime" (all 3 editions (Lite, Standard, Pro) are called Quartus Prime).

I believe a Pro license file will work with Standard. The easiest thing to do is to download and install Standard and try pointing to your license file.

#iwork4intel

View solution in original post

4 Replies
AR_A_Intel
Employee
Hello Welcome to INTEL forum. No, A10 device is only supported in Quartus Pro and do not support Cyclone v designs. For more can refer here https://www.intel.com/content/dam/www/programmable/us/en/pdfs/literature/po/ss-quartus-comparison.pdf
0 Kudos
WWals
Beginner

​I already know that Pro does not support C5,   what I need to know is,  with a license for Pro,  does it also include Prime, in order to support Cv and other legacy devices?   please quit answering with the pad answer above, and let me know if a another license is required,  or if the single Pro license entitlement, also allows to use Prime simultaneously with one pro license entitlement.

regards

0 Kudos
sstrell
Honored Contributor III

I think you mean "Standard" instead of "Prime" (all 3 editions (Lite, Standard, Pro) are called Quartus Prime).

I believe a Pro license file will work with Standard. The easiest thing to do is to download and install Standard and try pointing to your license file.

#iwork4intel

WWals
Beginner

​Thanks so much,  this is kind of what I thought, but had to be sure;  I will let the end customer know and I do appreciate your quick turnaround/response.

0 Kudos